Passport pages all filled up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport pages all filled up

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2007, 2:17 pm

Programs: Volaris, UA Nothing
Has anyone gotten additional pages added at the US consulate in Tijuana?
Old Jul 26, 2007, 4:13 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by saturnino3
Has anyone gotten additional pages added at the US consulate in Tijuana?
Being in San Diego, I called them about that very issue ~2003. They told me to cross back to San Diego and mail it in to the State Department or else go to the US Embassy in Mexico City. They were not particularly helpful or pleasant to deal with. YMMV.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 7:59 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by hfly
BTW, I am always amazed by people that can be w/o their passport for 2 or 3 weeks, I am entering the third consecutive wek w/o stepping on a plane, perhaps the second longest stretch w/o travelling somewhere for some reason in 15 years. i could never do w/o my PP for so long.
Its not often that I can do without passport for 2+ weeks, which is one reason I haven't yet gotten a replacement.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:26 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I've gotten several sets of additional pages at the Embassy in Singapore. If you get in there first thing in the AM you can either wait 30 minutes or come back in the afternoon and grab it. Here is the link, the embassy there is incredibly helpful because most US citizens there are in a state of constant travel. They made me an emergency passport in 18 hours and issued a new passport in 10 days.

http://singapore.usembassy.gov/amcit...formation.html

As for the lack of space in your passport, I can't speak to Singapore specifically because I have a singapore employment card and thus don't need get stamped, but I suspect they will find a small corner to stamp. I used to worry about things like this and then in May my passport tore in 2 pieces in the middle of a SE Asia trip and I had to politely "ask my way" into Thailand, Vietnam and then Singapore with this 2 piece work crudely taped back together. Surprisingly, I was not turned away (although I was told in each case to proceed to the US Embassy the next day, which I didnt do in VN or Thailand because of lack of time). Then the US embassy in Singapore gave me a four page temp, which I promptly filled up with stamps the next week. Even with the full temp passport (and no visa in it) I was able to get Vietnam issue me a replacement visa in the SGN airport (which covered up some of my existing stamps becuase there was no open space) and then get Thailand and Sri Lanka to stamp on several corners. I admit I was prepared to walk back to the gate and buy a one way fare home.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 1:59 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by nytango
Someone I know just printed a eticket itn and that was enough for appointment. Don't know if I would do that but he got an appointment with no problem.

Not sure about SIN they might require a place to stamp. Many European countrys do not stamp unless asked to. .
I know people who've been able to get this done and more (in person passports, etc) with just a printout of their held itinerary. Not even purchased.. HELD.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
In theory, it may also be possible to put the entry stamp on a separate piece of paper that you will show them on exit. Israel does this as a standard procedure for people who also visit countries that won't let them in if their passport has an Israeli stamp. I have absolutely no idea if any other country ever does this, and it would be highly unusual elsewhere even if that other country's rules permit it, so I wouldn't suggest showing up at the immigration desk with a full passport and a blank sheet of paper - but who knows?
Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:49 am
cpx

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Efrem
I have absolutely no idea if any other country ever does this
Northern Cyprus used to do this.... Wasn't officially a country.. I suppose
that was the reason.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 7:33 am

Very good thread. My passport is full, too. My next internation destination is Athene. I will definitely visit the US Embassy and get extra pages added. It will be the first time I visited an US Embassy. New experience.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 7:42 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (MM), HH LT Diamond, MR LT Platinum
My pages are nearly full as well

After I leave Japan tomorrow, all 45 pages for stamps will be filled. Will they merely add 24 pages or must I prematurely renew my passport?
Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Depends on the country of your passport. Mine requires a whole new passport, which I've just bit the bullet and done. Annoyingly, the new expiry date is earlier than the expiry date on my old passport (because they've gone from 10 year validity to 5 years since I got my old passport 3 years ago), and I had to pay double fee for the privilege of rapid processing (limited time in between trips).
Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
I have ONE unfilled spot. Flying JFK-FRA, then returning Venice-Paris, stopover for the DAY and connecting CDG-JFK. I DO have some amendment pages (OK, one page) still available.

New York office has NO appointments til after I depart. Likely I'll run into problems? After this trip, a breather, so will be able to add pages by mail. Can Zi safely just wait til after my return?
Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Steve007NY
I have ONE unfilled spot. Flying JFK-FRA, then returning Venice-Paris, stopover for the DAY and connecting CDG-JFK. I DO have some amendment pages (OK, one page) still available.

New York office has NO appointments til after I depart. Likely I'll run into problems? After this trip, a breather, so will be able to add pages by mail. Can Zi safely just wait til after my return?
EU Schengen countries like those mentioned above won't generally care. Personal observation and that of associates says that they will eventually just stamp on any old page once they get "frustrated" enough looking for a spot (if they look at all).

You can get the additional pages on your return or do it at one of our consulates/embassies in Europe like I sometimes do.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Efrem
In theory, it may also be possible to put the entry stamp on a separate piece of paper that you will show them on exit. Israel does this as a standard procedure for people who also visit countries that won't let them in if their passport has an Israeli stamp. I have absolutely no idea if any other country ever does this, and it would be highly unusual elsewhere even if that other country's rules permit it, so I wouldn't suggest showing up at the immigration desk with a full passport and a blank sheet of paper - but who knows?
Some other places do the same thing, but it's only a handful and only in certain circumstances in some of those cases.

Requesting "separate paper" for stamping isn't generally acceptable in the EU countries with which I'm m ost fam il iar. As noted in my prior post, EU Schengen countries will just overstamp. Actually, out of my past few dozen entries, all but 5 are overstamps or overstamped -- covering countries inside the EU, rest of Europe, North America, South America, Asia and a bit of Africa.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 4:24 am

Chinese Visas come off quite easy :P. (Canadian passports can't get pages added)
Old Aug 8, 2007, 5:25 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
You don't need seperate paper or other such nonsense. That is only for countries where having a stamp might be a problem (Israel, Cuba, etc). You will be surprised how long you can go with a "full" passport before somebody will say something. They will hunt and hunt and use up every available spot. I have even had them overstamp other stamps. Even the Russians will look for any empty place to put their stamp.

Americans can add 24 pages, twice, to their passport and it is usually a same day service at most embassies as well as being free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.