Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Passport pages all filled up

Passport pages all filled up

Old Jul 25, 2007, 11:09 am
cpx

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Efrem
Not true, though it can look like they did. They use pre-prepared sets of 24, labeled A through X where the pre-printed passport has page numbers, in which the pages are stitched in advance to a strip of tape about 2" wide that's covered with peel-off paper on the outside (the sticky side). They remove the peel-off paper and press the whole set down between two original pages. (Per regulations, they can't tape a new set to a previous set of taped pages.) Takes seconds. It took me longer to fill out the very short, simple form they asked for at the time.
Interesting.. thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2007, 11:19 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by nytango
Someone I know just printed a eticket itn and that was enough for appointment. Don't know if I would do that but he got an appointment with no problem.

Not sure about SIN they might require a place to stamp. Many European countrys do not stamp unless asked to. .

Yes, Singapore will want to stamp your passport, but the stamp is quite small, probably less than 2 inches all around.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by dave67
I am traveling to SIN in about 30 days. The passport office in Chicago only takes appointments if you are traveling within 14 days. If I mail it in, I think that I am taking a great risk!!! Do I run the chance of being denied entry, since I am out of space?
I've had less than 4 pages and just gotten comments, however, is it really worth risking? do you really want to get to SIN and have to buy a walk-up fare home?

Just wait until 14 days out and make an appointment to get the new pages. Simple.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 3:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
SIN stamps are fairly small. Assuming you don't need a visa then should be okay - they'll find a space.

I'm in a similar situation only cannot add pages to my passport (rule). I should be able to manage with little space for a few more weeks until I have a long enough spell without international travel to get a new one.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 3:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by nytango
You dont need pages to leave the country and depending on where you are going hopefully there is a nearby u.s. consulate. Few weeks ago we just went to the Consulate in Buenos Aires and it took less than one hour to have pages added. You can check ahead with the consulate in the country you plan to visit.
Did the same a few months ago but took about three hours
Old Jul 25, 2007, 4:20 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Agree with everyone. If it's Singapore, don't worry, they will find 'someplace' to stamp and once in country the US embassy in Singapore is about the most efficient anywhere at adding new pages and as with everything in Singapore, it is close by. Singapore is not out looking for silly reasons to deny entry to legitimate travelers from rich nations. They value your business and welcome visitors. (possibly different story for citizens of poor nations though)
Old Jul 25, 2007, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Not true, though it can look like they did. They use pre-prepared sets of 24, labeled A through X where the pre-printed passport has page numbers, in which the pages are stitched in advance to a strip of tape about 2" wide that's covered with peel-off paper on the outside (the sticky side). They remove the peel-off paper and press the whole set down between two original pages. (Per regulations, they can't tape a new set to a previous set of taped pages.) Takes seconds. It took me longer to fill out the very short, simple form they asked for at the time.
They're also supposed to -- or at least were supposed to -- place the new pages in there under seal. What that "seal" entails has not been consistent.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
They're also supposed to -- or at least were supposed to -- place the new pages in there under seal. What that "seal" entails has not been consistent.
Indeed. The first page of the my second set, page A, has the preprinted statement "This supplement, under seal, forms a part of the passport" followed by the same in French. On mine, there is a rubber stamp below it reading:
This supplement is an attachment to Passport No. [no. handwritten here]
Authority: (London England)
Date: [date handwritten here]
I suppose this qualifies as a "seal." Other embassies may have different forms, or none; or things may have changed in the six years since I got that set; I don't know. Any reports from elsewhere and/or more recently?
Old Jul 25, 2007, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Indeed. The first page of the my second set, page A, has the preprinted statement "This supplement, under seal, forms a part of the passport" followed by the same in French. On mine, there is a rubber stamp below it reading:
This supplement is an attachment to Passport No. [no. handwritten here]
Authority: (London England)
Date: [date handwritten here]
I suppose this qualifies as a "seal." Other embassies may have different forms, or none; or things may have changed in the six years since I got that set; I don't know. Any reports from elsewhere and/or more recently?
Two weeks ago in Buenos Aires I got the same printed and stamped thing on my passport.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
I'm getting down to one clean page on my passport...

My experience with almost full passports is that most countries just find an available space, whether or not there is adequate room, and they'll stamp, sometimes crossing over an existing visa from another country. So I'm not so sure you'll NECCESARILY (highlight on caps-- do this at your own risk) get into trouble if you show up with all your pages full.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I have no pages left in mine and still travel int'l all the time. Never had an issue - just a comment at times. I just never seem to have the time to get to a US Consulate to get pages added
Old Jul 26, 2007, 8:40 am

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM
If you are in the US and have some time before your next trip, you can get pages added via mail.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
...My experience with almost full passports is that most countries just find an available space...
The operative word there is "most." Those that use a small stamp should be OK. Those that need a whole page to stamp or staple an entry form are more likely to be a problem. So, check the specific countries you plan to visit if you're in this situation.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 8:44 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by woodway
If you are in the US and have some time before your next trip, you can get pages added via mail.
I did this back in February and I received my passport back within 3 weeks, although they did say it could take 4-6 weeks.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 9:03 am
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by dave67
I am traveling to SIN in about 30 days. The passport office in Chicago only takes appointments if you are traveling within 14 days. If I mail it in, I think that I am taking a great risk!!! Do I run the chance of being denied entry, since I am out of space?
There are passport service places that will get the additional pages for you for a fee. My DH had that done in BOS. His company paid the expense. I wouldn't risk going to SIN and giving them any reason to question you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.