Wiki Posts
Search

Italian Visa and Multiple Airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2007, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Italian Visa and Multiple Airlines

Hi everyone,
I'm leaving at the end of August to study in Florence for the semester. I was having trouble finding low cost airfare, but I finally found a flight from IAD to Dublin (using aerlingus) for under $500. Unfortunatly, Aer lingus doesnt allow me to book flights from IAD->DUB->ROM on the same itinerary, even though they offer flights from all of these airports. Once I get to Dublin, I have found many carriers that can take me to Italy for under a few hundred dollars.

I was wondering if this will have any affect on the Italian visa process, and what will happen when I enter Ireland? Will I have to go through customs in DUB to change flights? If so, would this be a problem with an Italian Visa and my tickets as proof that I'll be going to Italy?

Thanks for your help.
Old May 14, 2007, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
What country's passport do you have? Transiting through Ireland (and/or the UK) isn't a big deal for most of the people reading this as only the most undesirable passports would require transit visas as long as you aren't leaving the airport.
If you are a US or Canadian citizen then Irish immigration could care less about how you book your tickets. They might ask for a return ticket but it is very unlikely... (doesn't matter you'll have your return from AerLingus back to the US anyway)

I can't imagine the Italian government caring how you get to Italy either. You'll have proof of your tickets, the number of airlines involved nor the stopover point shouldn't make any difference at all. Check with the Italian embassy if you are still uncomfortable for specific answers. Again, if you are carrying a US or Canadian passport then this visa process is so routine that as long as you have your papers in order when you submit your application then I can't imagine they will get too much scrutiny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.