Search

US Passport Renewal While Abroad

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2013, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT; SPG GLD; HLT GLD
US Passport Renewal While Abroad

FT, I have a bit of an issue.

Due to a tricky set of circumstances, I need to travel before my new passport arrives to the consulate of the country I applied for it at.

Does anyone know if it's possible for the passport to either be rerouted to the consulate of a neighboring country (where I'll be) so I can pick it up there instead?

Anyone ever experience anything like this?

Thanks,
Zoui21
Old Apr 6, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond. Skyteam Elite Plus. Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I just renewed mine in Doha and during the 2 weeks it took to get it I traveled to USA, UAE, China and back to Doha. They will not cancel your old one until you pick up the new one.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: DL,EK
Like Tennis69, I renewed mine in Dubai and traveled to Kuwait, Qatar and Yemen while it was in progress.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 1:10 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Like Tennis69 said your current passport will not be cancelled until you receive your new one so you can travel on your current passport while your new one is being prepared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.