map uva185
map uvaryanmc
map whakojacko
map zurichflyer
map Catweazle
Print Wikipost

FlightMemory

Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by DLfan
I am registered on this site as a premium member and enjoy the functionality. I rank number 74 for total flights only because I've kept accurate records ever since I started flying in 1971, and was therefore able to enter over 35 years of data.

my.flightmemory.com/dlfan
Very impressive! ^

I'm surprised, though, that 1.38 million miles ranks as high as #74 with 23,000+ users.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:28 pm
formerly OliverS

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Very impressive! ^

I'm surprised, though, that 1.38 million miles ranks as high as #74 with 23,000+ users.

Well, you can of course enter just any flight you want to, they even offer a "virtual mode". Thus I am not sure how many of these 73 ranking higher than him have actually flown their mileage.
Old Jul 28, 2007, 2:19 am

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Originally Posted by redbeard911
The world map now has a zoom feature, and I would like to see the US have a zoom as well. Maybe have 5-6 regions of the US. I am doubly giddy about this. $35 is a bargain. ^
Ditto.

But if I have premium access and you have premium access I still cannot zoom your map and you can't zoom mine..

That'd be nice so I could read them....
Old Jul 28, 2007, 2:28 am

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Codeshares?

So what are peeople entering in for code shares? the operating airline or the flight number and airline on the BP?

Perhaps they could add a field for "operating airline"
Old Jul 28, 2007, 2:51 am

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
I use the operating airline - with a separate listing for each Express carrier, like "United Express/SkyWest" and "US Airways Express/Piedmont."
Old Jul 28, 2007, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
flightmemory distances not exactly great circle

Has anyone else noticed the small discrepancy in flightmemory's distances verses the actual great circle distance?

For example, east-west flights tend to get shortchanged a couple of miles on flightmemory while north-south flights are calculated as a few too many miles.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 28, 2007, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
It looks like the statistics map now makes your top ten routes bold lines.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:18 pm

Very impressive! ^

-FlyerBeek
Is there somewhere on the flightmemory.com site where it lists the top flyers?
Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by OliverS
Well, you can of course enter just any flight you want to, they even offer a "virtual mode". Thus I am not sure how many of these 73 ranking higher than him have actually flown their mileage.
I have, and IIRC tfung has also - so that makes at least 2 of those 73.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:29 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Very impressive! ^

-FlyerBeek
I am only # 2475 .... (http://meine.flugstatistik.de/FLYGVA)

I agree, it's a nice tool. Im am surprised to see, that I have been on the same flights with other people using flightmemory or flugstatistik.

And looking on the handles there (e.g. who is online), you see some well know flyertalkers as well. Well worth the night long date entering procedure, but at leat I have keeped record of all my flights and even have 90% of the boarding passes, so it was not that difficult. SIngned up for a premium account to support them and did not regret it. I was among the first who signed up for a premium account and they have been really fast, also in answering mails.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by OliverS
I have had a few email exchanges with them, and it's safe to say that there are quite a few pilots that use flightmemory who are in the top 50.....

the virtual mode is probably for people who like to play flightsim or something.. but I can't seem to fathom why they would spend the time to put their data into flightmemory.. unless they are really really bored... haha...

I actually only put the my flight data from 2000 onwards... I have a bit more before that, but I am hoping when I get to 2010, I will use that map service, and do a poster of my 10 years of flying 2000-2010 and see how crazy it is...
Old Aug 29, 2007, 8:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Looks like you will hit 2m flown miles soon tfung.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Very impressive! ^

-FlyerBeek
My advantage was keeping records of every flight I've taken since the early 70's. I'm sure had others kept records to document their flights, my stats would pale in comparison. I also expect to fall in the overall standings as more FlyerTalkers discover Flight Memory (BTW, I'm at #78 now).

To answer the other question, there is a place to click for a comparison of how you stand among other Flight Memory users. The premium service provides access to a slightly expanded set of stats. All in all, I agree with the others who said that the premium service was $35 well spent.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Today I discovered that while I've flown DEN-ONT five times, I have never flown ONT-DEN.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by tfung
I will use that map service, and do a poster of my 10 years of flying 2000-2010 and see how crazy it is...

I wonder if they'll charge you extra for your map because you'll use up all their ink...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.