map whakojacko
map zurichflyer
map Catweazle
Print Wikipost

FlightMemory

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2007, 4:04 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; PC RA Plat; UA 1P
I really like the idea behind flightmemory, I've been actively researching my flight history from paper stubs and emails to enter into the website since it went live. I've told many of my friends about the website as well. I'm concerened about some differences I've noticed between the German and English websites (other than language).

Why is the English version full of in-line ads and the German version ad-free? This is a new enhancement that rolled out a few days after going live (it wasnt there the first few days, and still missing from the German site).

The English version disabled the Search feature that allows you to find people on matching flights (accessible the first few days of the English site go-live). The German version still allows you to use it.

The only other difference in function is that the German one allows you to export your flight info as a PDF.

I suppose I should just keep my mouth shut so that those features don't get removed from the German site too. Please forget what you read in this post.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by ucsf_med
I really like the idea behind flightmemory, I've been actively researching my flight history from paper stubs and emails to enter into the website since it went live. I've told many of my friends about the website as well. I'm concerened about some differences I've noticed between the German and English websites (other than language).

Why is the English version full of in-line ads and the German version ad-free? This is a new enhancement that rolled out a few days after going live (it wasnt there the first few days, and still missing from the German site).

The English version disabled the Search feature that allows you to find people on matching flights (accessible the first few days of the English site go-live). The German version still allows you to use it.

The only other difference in function is that the German one allows you to export your flight info as a PDF.

I suppose I should just keep my mouth shut so that those features don't get removed from the German site too. Please forget what you read in this post.
You can still search. You need to be logged in to be able to fo it.

I'd love to be able to export to PDF. ^ I'd also like to see user definable sorts, like mileage by airline
Old Apr 18, 2007, 5:36 pm

I haven't used flight memory, so I don't know what the web pages look like, but if you want to export a web page view to PDF, I like using this free program: www.pdf995.com/
Old Apr 18, 2007, 5:47 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; PC RA Plat; UA 1P
Originally Posted by redbeard911
You can still search. You need to be logged in to be able to fo it.
You are correct, looks like it's back.

Regarding your PDF, you can login to flugstatistik, under the tab where you normally click to enter "New Flight" and "Unique Airports" there are three buttons. Click the middle one (on mouseover you can see it links to something with pdf at the end), it will dynamically generate a PDF nicely formatted with your flight data including comments.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 5:53 pm

Programs: CO plat, BR gold, SPG gold
Is there a web site that can help me forget a few flights???
Old Apr 18, 2007, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ucsf_med
You are correct, looks like it's back.

Regarding your PDF, you can login to flugstatistik, under the tab where you normally click to enter "New Flight" and "Unique Airports" there are three buttons. Click the middle one (on mouseover you can see it links to something with pdf at the end), it will dynamically generate a PDF nicely formatted with your flight data including comments.
I got to thinking and poked around the site and found it. 25 pages.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 3:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM
fun!!! Addicting too.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA Prem Exec, AAdvantage Gold, NW Silver Elite, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, PC Plat, Alaska MVP
Smile Great site!

Thanks, szg, for http://www.flightmemory.com. I love that I can upload all of my flight data and see it online. ^
Old Apr 19, 2007, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
fun!!! Addicting too.
It is fun. I tried to remember all the flights I took prior to 1995, since they were infrequent and I didn't keep records.

The only data left to enter is a years' worth of SAN-DEN-SAN weekly flights. That will be tedious.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by bau31888
Don't forget to click from time to time on the googleads on www.flightmemory.com to keep this service running for free
I would advise against that, unless you have a bona fide interest in the AdWord.

Cool site, though.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 4:41 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Thanks for posting this! It looks really neat.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 5:06 pm

Programs: ex-NW, now DL FO, AA, AC
This is a lot of fun. I had been collecting all of my flight info in a notebook for the last couple of years, and being able to see it on a map is really cool.

Now, if I could only remember the details of my flying five or six years ago...

--ww
Old Apr 19, 2007, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
If you want to fill as many details in as possible and all you have is a flight number and date, go to www.flightstats.com. I know they go back at least a couple of years. They can tell you original flight schedule, actual arrival and departure times, and equipment used.

You need to sign up for an account and log in to get the historical stats. It's free.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 8:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by redbeard911
It is fun. I tried to remember all the flights I took prior to 1995, since they were infrequent and I didn't keep records.

The only data left to enter is a years' worth of SAN-DEN-SAN weekly flights. That will be tedious.
I gave up entering my flights prior to a few years ago. Waaaay too many back and forward (one to three times weekly), mostly on the same route and of a handful of airlines.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:48 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Amtrak Select+
Posters?

Glad I got turned on to this site. I was getting a little worried that I wasn't obsessing over miles and flights enough.
This year is shaping up like it could be a memorable one in terms of travel - by my standards anyway. The personalized poster with your flight stats and map on it looks pretty cool (thinking the smaller ones). Has anyone bought one in the past, and if so, how did it come out? (quality, clarity, accuracy)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.