Cuban cigars into USA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cuban cigars into USA?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2012, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by goalie
never had a problem (as well as the 16 bottles of wine in my wheel-aboard on trip1 but i digress).
You're very brave. While the chance of getting caught with all that is rather low, the penalty if caught is extremely high. High enough that very few people would attempt to do what you did.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Bucko
We took the bands off and put them in my wallet, meanwhile but the cigars wrapped up well in our carry on. Not even a second glance. If anyone asked, we could've gotten the cigars anywhere on our trip. Unless you're bringing back large quantities or get extremely unlucky, I think the idea of keeping the band separate from the cigar itself will work just fine.
That's interesting. I always assumed that the USVI were like any other place in the US. So I was surprised to read that (1) there were customs checks for flights arriving from USVI and, even more surprisingly, (2) Cubans were sold in the USVI.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
This may not be legal, but I was in a cigar store in Canada and asked about taking Cuban cigars to the US. He told me if I bought there they would mail it to me and they'd ne'er had problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.