Sign of Sickness - Collecting Amenity Kits

Subscribe
I have over 40 piled up. Two from "F" on NZ, two from "F" on LH, four from "F" on UA, and 40 from "C" on UA. Not even one has been opened. Is there soemthing wrong with me?

I even get agitated when I see others opening theirs.
Quote: Is there soemthing wrong with me?
If there is, it's contagious. We have a suitcase full of amenity kits too. Though + 1 often opens hers, I never do.
I have at least 6 at home. Two old ones in the two shades of green, four new ones in black, purple, mauve and green.
You are not the only one...although i don't really collect anything from UA....I do, however, have probably more than 100 sets of Westin Heaven Bath products in my bathroom right now
I'm even worse! I always try to swipe an unused one from an open seat so that I can open/use one and save the other... Shame on me, shame on me!
I think you should contact the AKA Amenity Kits Anonymous
Donate them to a homeless or battered women's shelter...unless you're simply hording for future service enhancements.

<G>
Quote: I have over 40 piled up. Two from "F" on NZ, two from "F" on LH, four from "F" on UA, and 40 from "C" on UA. Not even one has been opened. Is there soemthing wrong with me?

I even get agitated when I see others opening theirs.
I like to use mine, but if I don't, I give them to a charity shop - (op shop in OZ - don;t know what they are called or even if they have them in other places) - they are very popular there.
I thought this thread was going to be about FAs collecting the unused bits of amenity kits at the end of flights!
Hahaha. Haha. Ha.

Paging lucky9876coins. I happen to know that dude has 4 boxes full!
What's in the UAL C amenity kit these days? I fly almost exclusively domestic these days but have a couple of UA flights to Europe this spring. Not that I'm getting my hopes up too high....
Quote: Is there soemthing wrong with me?
No. However, if you go to eBay and buy the styles that are missing from your "collection," the diagnosis may have to be revisited.

Personally, I don't care for the current C-class bags. The grey zipper cases were great though.
Quote: Donate them to a homeless or battered women's shelter...unless you're simply hording for future service enhancements.

<G>
That's exactly what I do (at least the contents) -- there's a woman in my office who takes care of that. I save the kits themselves to give to my 5-year old nephew -- he puts his small toys and school items in them.
I save them too. Otherwise it just goes to waste. There is stuff in there like lotion that is very useful!
Quote: What's in the UAL C amenity kit these days? I fly almost exclusively domestic these days but have a couple of UA flights to Europe this spring. Not that I'm getting my hopes up too high....
- A tooth brush with a small tube of toothpaste. I don't like the toothbrush, but the toothpaste should be enough for a weeklong trip.

- A H2O hydrating body butter. Sometimes I use it at home or office, which makes me smell like in a plane.

- One or 2 mint pills. Don't remember the quantity. The taste is good.

- A pair of ear plugs. I sometimes use it in my hotel room. There are tones of them in the labs in my office.

- A pair of socks. Never wear it. I wear sleepers, provided or brought by myself, for long haul flight.

- A small pack of facial tissue. Most usaful stuff.

- Some H2O product coupons. Junks.

Don't remember if there is other stuff since I stopped to open it for a while. However, I still collect it as many of you do. Give it to charity should be a good thing to do.

Corrected - no more bugs.