Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Sign of Sickness - Collecting Amenity Kits

Sign of Sickness - Collecting Amenity Kits

Old Feb 14, 2007, 1:03 am

I suggest some of you seek help, err, ebay to dispose of your troubles! I can see 1 or 2 items from each cabin/generation, but 50?????
Old Feb 14, 2007, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
guilty as charged. bottom drawer in the bathroom is filling up with them. mr kk rarely uses his, so i get to actually use mine in flight and keep his pristine ones also.

i always offer to give 'em to people who spend the night at our place, but no-one ever takes me up on it.

when we move, i'll give 'em all away rather than pack them....unless we keep the house, in which case there will be a designated drawer.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by tealeaf99
And ... on flights to/from NRT you also get slippers.
I have over 100 NEW UNUSED pairs, not to mention that there was a time when I had over 6,000 UNOPENED assorted mini's.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by sf4dfish
I have over 100 NEW UNUSED pairs
Where'd ya get those, my friend??

Best, Dave
Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:12 am

I also have a decent?! collection of amenity kits around different airlines, but most of them are from UA C cabin. Just flew in from NRT on NH. NH gave out very nice bag to put in an assorted amenity items from a basket. This bag from NH is by far the best of all amenity kits received (aside from the content) as I can use it for travel kit (put decent sized shampoo, lotion, etc.). NH had a very nice set of pajamas, but I wasn't allowed to take them...

As for content, SQ is one of the best... especially with their Bulgari perfume.

As for UA kits, I use one of the newer ones for camera cover (DSLR). Other ones are unopened and remain in the boxes in my storage.

By the way, I actually make a good use of newer UA F amenity kit. I use it as a travel document wallet.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by brahms77
NH had a very nice set of pajamas, but I wasn't allowed to take them...
Good Lord, why not? What in the SamHill could NH use them for? Another pax? Yuck!!! (I've got quite a few BA and QF jammies, can't imagine them not "wanting" you to take them)

Best, Dave
Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by bseller
Where'd ya get those, my friend??

Best, Dave
As you know, with a lot of help from my friends!!!
Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by bseller
Good Lord, why not? What in the SamHill could NH use them for? Another pax? Yuck!!! (I've got quite a few BA and QF jammies, can't imagine them not "wanting" you to take them)

Best, Dave
Yea, I think NH washes them for re-use, which I don't mind. But it would have been a nice addition to my small airline Pajama collection. SQ gave me theirs.... I actually had multiples of them, but gave away to my dad and other friends.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:28 am

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
OK, I admit it, I collect them. Unfortunately, not only that, but also menus, and a crapload of other airline stuff. I have three huge crates worth of this stuff, and love every last piece of it.
You know, the other day at the JFK RCC, I reached into my laptop bag to get some Airborne. I kept it (and some other stuff) in an F amenity kit from last year, and when you saw that I was flying around with an F kit in my bag, you almost said something. Wonder what was on your mind...???
Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:48 am

Programs: UA MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
I have a suitcase full of amenities kits and continue hording more... I think this is a borderline addiction. Sometimes I ask for extras for my roommate. She doesn't seem to enjoy them as much as I do though... oh well, more for me!

My faves are:
- SAA C -- very nice Delsey bag with a zipper
- LH F -- great footies (airline socks with a semi-stiff sole), decent bag

The H20 amenities from UA are nice -- too bad the bags look cheap, and the bottle sizes are TINY (in C and F).

1Konsultant
Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:20 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by brahms77
I also have a decent?! collection of amenity kits around different airlines, but most of them are from UA C cabin. Just flew in from NRT on NH. NH gave out very nice bag to put in an assorted amenity items from a basket. This bag from NH is by far the best of all amenity kits received (aside from the content) as I can use it for travel kit (put decent sized shampoo, lotion, etc.). NH had a very nice set of pajamas, but I wasn't allowed to take them...

As for content, SQ is one of the best... especially with their Bulgari perfume.
Bulgari was replaced by Ferragamo,at least on the new C/F on SQ.

I guess NH is the only airline that wants' the PJ's back!
Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:07 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by MACH81
I guess NH is the only airline that wants' the PJ's back!
Note to self: no NH for this PJ collector. Have BA, SQ and QF PJ's at home. Unopened. The passenger next to me on SQ didn't open his and when he was leaving, left it on the seat. Guess who is the proud owner of them? Should put those on eBay.

re: the NH PJ's - as Chuck Heston would say: "From My Cold Dead Hands".
Old Feb 14, 2007, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
I am out of BA F eyeshades. If anyone has an extra set to send along I would appreciate it
Old Feb 14, 2007, 1:55 pm

Programs: NON ELITE
I collect and use

I collect them and use whatever I can. Let's see...I use the little CD bag to hold 5 CD in my car. Other bag holds my forein currency coins, needles and threads, paper clips...etc. I also use the hand lotion, socks.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 2:00 pm

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Some real use...

I collect them, but as a male, I get funny looks when I ask for a female one if I do not need it. Then I give them to the local hospital child emergency ward so that mothers who come in with their kids and have to stay with them overnight can feel a little bit human the next morning.

The boy kits get taken home for recycling through the local disposal agency known as ebay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.