Sign of Sickness - Collecting Amenity Kits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sign of Sickness - Collecting Amenity Kits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have two full garage bags at home with ammenity kits of all kinds.

It's funny...I was "spring cleaning" on Thanksgiving last year, and I decided to give a few to everybody who came over for dinner. The girls wound up taking them...they said the bag would come in handy.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Just remember, toothpaste has a shelf-life of two to three years. I wouldn't use the toothpaste from the kits that I got few years back.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I stockpile them, too, with no intention of ever using them. I really hit the jackpot on some short flights on Gulf Air, Emirates, Qatar Airways, and Etihad -- each of which gave the full kit on one-hour intra-GCC flights (in F). And I was pleasantly surprised to receive a mini-kit with a few items in Y on AF.

Hotel toiletries are a different story. I probably have enough to fill a bathtub, but at least I use those . . . .
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Alaska Gold 75K, American Plat Pro
I never knew that this tread attracts a lot of alikes. Count me in. Gosh, I thought I was the only one who has this "Fetish" er addiction... LOL
Old Feb 13, 2007, 2:01 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by as219
I'm even worse! I always try to swipe an unused one from an open seat so that I can open/use one and save the other... Shame on me, shame on me!
I do that too...
Old Feb 13, 2007, 2:02 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
Actually, when I flew LAX-TPE on SQ in December and January, there were no amenity kits, though I did get a sock/shoe combination thing.
Yes, in C SQ just puts amenities in the toilet* and you have to go get them.

*in the English sense, not the American sense
Old Feb 13, 2007, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mecabq
Hotel toiletries are a different story. I probably have enough to fill a bathtub, but at least I use those . . . .
I have not bought any soap and shampoo for my house for at least three years. Stockpiled them few years back while living in a hotel for eleven months straight on a temp assignment helped.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 2:09 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Am I the only one that actually uses the amenity kits when I'm travelling?

Anyways, I have some leftover stuff that I would gladly donate to a shelter. Does anyone know of one in Chicago that I can donate to?
Old Feb 13, 2007, 2:13 pm

Location: my posts are my sole opinion and do not represent the opinions of UAL CORP and their subsidiaries
Ok, I think I win. I bought one on ebay (F from BA) because I love this kind of stuff. I love the products-great for me to use everyday at work, and it was in a limited edition zippered bag. I have an old F bag from UA that I still use as a "shoe bag".
I mentioned once on another thread that an amenity kit from another carrier would be a great treat for fa's. All of us are aviation junkies to some extent.

Note to Sandiego1K- I'm sorry I never got back to you-I guess I was paranoid to give out my address in case you were a UAL supervisor in disguise (She was nice enough to offer to send me one)

Donating them to a shelter is a fantabulous idea! Bravo to those of you who do! ^
Old Feb 13, 2007, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

Originally Posted by g_leyser
Am I the only one that actually uses the amenity kits when I'm travelling?

Anyways, I have some leftover stuff that I would gladly donate to a shelter. Does anyone know of one in Chicago that I can donate to?
I use them
Old Feb 13, 2007, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
ebay!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K
You could always hand them out at halloween! That would put you in the same category as the old man down the street that hands out pennies, but it'd help clear some of your storage space...
Old Feb 13, 2007, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, I admit it, I collect them. Unfortunately, not only that, but also menus, and a crapload of other airline stuff. I have three huge crates worth of this stuff, and love every last piece of it.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since people have asked:

UA's C amenity kits:

UA's F amenity kits:

Arrivals Suite Amenity Kit:

Sorry about not showing C contents. Pretty much the same as F.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 3:43 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Since people have asked:

Arrivals Suite Amenity Kit:
I have a different Arrivals kit from Europe. Remind me and I'll bring you a couple (dozen) of them for your collection...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.