Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Power outlets in plane ? ( LAX - LHR - BOM flight )

Old Jan 14, 2007, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

I am flying LAX-LHR by United and LHR-BOM by Jet airways. I will be carrying my laptop with me in flight and was wondering if there are power outlets in seating area. Power consumption may be high as I am planning to watch movies on my laptop.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 6:00 pm

With connections on UA through ORD or IAD, UA metal flights have for quite some years offered outlets for laptops in C class but sometimes they are inoperative. I sometimes go in Y and I have never noticed them but of course there are always exceptions to the rule. If I were you, I would check www.seatguru.com or contact UA. Regarding Jet Air, I am not familiar with the airline.

Have a great trip and enjoy the movies----
Old Jan 14, 2007, 6:08 pm

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
I am flying LAX-LHR by United and LHR-BOM by Jet airways. I will be carrying my laptop with me in flight and was wondering if there are power outlets in seating area. Power consumption may be high as I am planning to watch movies on my laptop.
www.seatguru.com is your friend
Old Jan 14, 2007, 8:48 pm

Besides seatguru.com another good website is seatexpert.com.

Jet Airways flies the LHR-BOM service with A343s. And all of these A/C were leased from South African Airways(SAA). So if you do not find any references to JET Airways at these sites check out the seatmaps for SAA's A343's. They are one and the same.
Have a good trip.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 2:53 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Power consumption may be high as I am planning to watch movies on my laptop.
If you do find you're lucky enough to be on a flight with sockets, maybe you should check out the technology section for some threads on laptop power. I've certainly been on a flight where I can't use my laptop because of power drain.

If you know in advance what you want to watch, it may be worth copying the DVD to your hard disc before you board and watching it from there. With my ancient (ie more than 2 years old) laptop, I would get about 45mins of a DVD from boot-up. If I had hibernated whilst on mains power, I'd get about an hour off the battery (because waking up takes less power than booting up). But by copying a DVD to hard disc, starting up WinDVD and then hibernating whilst on mains, I could watch a full 90 mins or so from the hard disc on wake up from the battery

Frankly I've never seen laptop power throughout a Y class....
Old Jan 15, 2007, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by memanny
Besides seatguru.com another good website is seatexpert.com.

Jet Airways flies the LHR-BOM service with A343s. And all of these A/C were leased from South African Airways(SAA). So if you do not find any references to JET Airways at these sites check out the seatmaps for SAA's A343's. They are one and the same.
Have a good trip.
That's great - thanks!

I did ring to ask about power, and the lady at Jet airways said that they would have the appropriate adaptors on board. I'll know for sure very soon .

Thanks,

Dr. PITUK
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Jet airways is awsome . I have travelled within India on Jet many times before and they can beat any US airlines anytime with their service quality. The LHR-BOM would be my first international flight with Jet.

Originally Posted by painintheuk
That's great - thanks!

I did ring to ask about power, and the lady at Jet airways said that they would have the appropriate adaptors on board. I'll know for sure very soon .

Thanks,

Dr. PITUK

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.