Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What is the most money you've ever been offered not to recline your seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat

And what airline/class were you flying?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:56 pm

I was once offered $1000 not to recline my seat. $500 was given to me upon making the deal, and the other $500 once the plane landed.

But seriously, I very much doubt this is commonplace, despite the fact that there are currently 2 threads ($20,$100) on the front page. I'll probably be proven wrong though.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:03 pm

when i don't want the person in front on me to recline I make it VERY uncomfortable for them to do so. I would never consider paying someone to not recline.

I'm not a fan of reclining seats except on long flights, but even then it has to really recline to about 180 or I leave it normal.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:09 pm
Suspended

When someone makes it unfomfortable, I turn around and start yapping to them. Not complaining just talking endlessly. You don't pay for the space around you and you don't own it. Acting like an idiot because someone wants to take advantage of the functionality of the seat they purchased is inexcusable.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gj83
when i don't want the person in front on me to recline I make it VERY uncomfortable for them to do so.
What do you do?
Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:36 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by gj83
when i don't want the person in front on me to recline I make it VERY uncomfortable for them to do so. I would never consider paying someone to not recline.
You should make sure to reserve the bulkhead seat in advance next time.

That passenger has every right to fully reclined his/her seat.

If you felt comfortable, you should complaint to the airlines.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 1:02 am

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
People seriously offer money?!

I never recline my seat if someone is behind me. If they seem approachable, I turn around and say "Don't worry. I won't put my seat back. It's one of those 'do unto others' things." The other pax around me always look puzzled or surprised, then nod and smile.

I'm not saying someone doesn't have the right to. I'm just short enough that it doesn't bother me. Who knows what I'd be doing if I were 6' tall.

OT: What I hate is when the person behind me gets up and uses my seat for leverage with such gusto my head bounces to and fro a few times... or when they feel they need to *slam* their tray tables closed.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 1:37 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by uproared
I was once offered $1000 not to recline my seat. $500 was given to me upon making the deal, and the other $500 once the plane landed...
Wow! I had the same experience, after the flight I handed the $1000 to the fellow seated next to me, who chatted me up during the flight.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 2:13 am
cpx

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Sunnyhere
Wow! I had the same experience, after the flight I handed the $1000 to the fellow seated next to me, who chatted me up during the flight.

I think I'm taking the wrong flights... I wish I had people like that on my flight
offering me money I can retire now...
$1000 every time I fly.. not bad!
Old Dec 2, 2006, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please don't start threads like this one. It serves no purpose except create more work for the mods.

Thanks!

--richard, moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.