What do you do with multiple airline amenity kits?

Subscribe
I've realized that I've amassed a few hundred airline amenity kits from my premium cabin travels and was looking for ideas on what to do with them. Ebay them? Give them to a shelter? Any other ideas? And what do you do with yours?
I sold about 40 KLM biz kits containing Molton Brown toiletries on ebay. I had one guy that bought loads of them and ending up doing a deal with him, turned out he gave them to his staff as some form of bonus
Use them like Legos and build your own airplane?
They only bring a few dollars each on e-bay, but you can make a profit by charging $10 each for shipping.

Donate them to a homeless shelter- imagine the look on some arrogant medallion wannabes when they see a homeless guy carrying an amenity kit!
We all need to give presents to people we barely know (work colleagues, neighbours, aunts, etc...). I get some GOOD quality toiletries and put them into the bags. Any decent amenities (toothbrush, lip balm... stay in there) Saves on wrapping paper and makes your bona-fide gift seem more substantial.
I use the good ones as my own toilet/medicine bags, and store the others. Quite useful when people end up crashing on the sofa after a night out...
I have six young nieces and they *love* to receive these to play with.
I take mine to local FT dinners and give them away.
I save the interesting ones, and give the others away. I haven't received hundreds yet. My favorite one so far (for carrying other stuff), is a Copa one, I got in 2004. Nice zippered bag, will fit all my standard travelling toiletries with ease.
I store mine in a chest in the attic, so that someday my grandchildren will open the dusty chest and their imaginations will be awed by the romance and luxury of air travel in the granddad's day.

I've only collected a few not the "hundreds" that others seem to have, but I find them great for storing various travel related things, they're the perfect size for my set of adapters, one is now my emergency toiletry kit - all ready to go into the bag - won't do for a long trip but perfect for overnight trips. One holds all my foreign currency. NONE of them hold any of the original contenents except maybe the eyeshades.
Quote: I take mine to local FT dinners and give them away.

Bet they go down like a bag of ferrets
Quote: Bet they go down like a bag of ferrets
One hopes a tad better than that!
Quote: I've only collected a few not the "hundreds" that others seem to have, but I find them great for storing various travel related things, they're the perfect size for my set of adapters, one is now my emergency toiletry kit - all ready to go into the bag - won't do for a long trip but perfect for overnight trips. One holds all my foreign currency. NONE of them hold any of the original contenents except maybe the eyeshades.
Most all of my business and first class amenity kits have never been opened. I just take them because I'm given them. The irony is that the eyeshades and earplugs I use (sometimes) are ones which I've received from coach trips. At least the biz/first stuff makes for well organized "pack-rat" collections.
I give most mine to family and friends as 'stocking stuffers' and the like. I also gave some to my Mom who sold them at her Catholic Charities Gift Shop (probably for 50 cents a piece) and she claimed that people loved them. My friends actually love to get them as the cases make nice travel kits. I keep a couple in reserve.

I would go the charity route - selling them on E-Bay is probably more trouble than they are worth.

Now, the Christian LaCroix pajamas I got on AF - those I keep for myself!!!!!!!!
Everyone in my office who travels deposits them in a central location, after which they get delivered to shelters.