do professional baseball players get to keep their hotel points?

Subscribe
I'm considering becoming a professional baseball player, but need to know whether or not they get to keep their hotel points from their various stays. This will have an effect on my decision-making process.

Thanks!
LOL--ok, I'll bite. No. The rooms are paid by the team at a negotiated rate, so you won't get the points. I strong suggest that you forego your baseball dreams and consider golf. You'll get to keep the points as a professional golfer.

Of course, in either profession, if you need the points, an argument could be made that you've made a bad career move.
Also as a golfer you make your own travel arrangements and can fly the airline of your choice to best earn miles. Baseball teams fly charters, so no miles earned there.
But, before you start feeling sorry for the baseball players, you should know that they are paid per diem when they are on the road, while golfers must pay for their own lunch.
Also, golfers don't chew tobacco (in public) and, to date, there hasn't been any kind of a steroid scandal. On the other hand, they don't have a ditty that like "Take me out to the fairway. . ."
Maybe the reason Vijay Singh and Ernie Els can't catch Tiger Woods is because they're so busy tracking and checking up on their FF miles and hotel points rather than practicing! Especially with Els from South Africa and Singh from Fiji.

Sure, they could hire someone else to do that, but it'd cost as much as the value of the benefits!
Don't let the points stopped you from being a professional baseball player now!
My guess is that if you are a professional basketball player, points would not be something you'd have to worry about (Blasphemous, I know!)
Rookies into the MLB from AAA get contracts of $300k/year. I'll still need the hotel points!
Quote: Also, golfers don't chew tobacco (in public) and, to date, there hasn't been any kind of a steroid scandal. On the other hand, they don't have a ditty that like "Take me out to the fairway. . ."
Several golfers do use a "pinch", with the telltale lip bulge. There is no song, but there is the "golf clap". It is also very rare for a golfer to throw a ball at a competitor.
Now that you mention it, I seem to remember hearing that years ago the golfer Gary Player, from South Africa, flew more miles than anyone else in the world for several years. This might have been before FF miles programs though.
Quote: Also, golfers don't chew tobacco (in public) and, to date, there hasn't been any kind of a steroid scandal. ...(
Many believe that BALCO's 'Roids Rewards program is what got the feds' attention. They should have kept a lower profile.
Gary Player still plays a bunch of tournaments on all continents in addition to a lot of other stuff and many claim that he has travelled more than anyone else. The question however is how much of that was private and how much commercial........
Quote: Now that you mention it, I seem to remember hearing that years ago the golfer Gary Player, from South Africa, flew more miles than anyone else in the world for several years. This might have been before FF miles programs though.
John Daly ought to be demanding and getting a heckuva lotta bennies from Caesar's or MGM Grand or wherever he's going!

Of course, the hotel better be careful with the free cigars, drinks and buffets. You want the guy to stay alive.
Quote: Rookies into the MLB from AAA get contracts of $300k/year. I'll still need the hotel points!
Daily Per diem on the road is not exactly chump change. I used to work at the Stadium in college and frequently spoke to the players on a whole bunch of topics. Only a knickleballing knucklehead would answer the per diem rate but I told him I wouldn't tell. It was good money.