Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Sign in using an external account

Old Apr 12, 06, 9:38 am   #1

1hr layover in PTY, enough time to make connection?

GYE-LAX with a tight connection in PTY of 1hr. Is that enough time to make it? That's the only flight that day from PTY-LAX, so I'd hate to miss it and get stuck in Panama for a day.

Does anyone have any experience flying COPA through PTY? Do they make you go through customs again when connecting flights (i.e. going from one terminal to another)? I've experienced this in MAD with Iberia on a connecting flight, made the timing pretty nerve racking .
BillLumberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 06, 11:22 am   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: 10 min from the best cheesesteak in Philly... but dreaming of BKK
Programs: AA gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLumberg
GYE-LAX with a tight connection in PTY of 1hr. Is that enough time to make it? That's the only flight that day from PTY-LAX, so I'd hate to miss it and get stuck in Panama for a day.

Does anyone have any experience flying COPA through PTY? Do they make you go through customs again when connecting flights (i.e. going from one terminal to another)? I've experienced this in MAD with Iberia on a connecting flight, made the timing pretty nerve racking .
straightfoward. Hour is cutting it but you don't need to even re-clear security let alone customs. Like connecting at a US airport. I had an hour connection and made it fine.