Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

LAX to HND (Tokyo)

LAX to HND (Tokyo)

Old Jul 8, 2011, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Smile LAX to HND (Tokyo)

Hi there,

I'm new here. Hope this is the right forum to post my question.

I fly frequently from LAX to NRT, Tokyo, but this time, I want to try LAX to HND because HND is much closer to Tokyo city center. I have 4 options: Delta, UA, UA/ANA code share and Continental/ANA code share. They all leave LAX approx. 1am and land HND 5am. Prices range from $967-975, so not much difference.

What would be your choice and why? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 8, 2011, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
What airline do you usually fly on other routes? For that matter, what airline do you usually use for LAX-NRT?

ANA is better than Delta service-wise, and is the wiser choice if you're a Star Alliance flyer.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
What airline do you usually fly on other routes? For that matter, what airline do you usually use for LAX-NRT?

ANA is better than Delta service-wise, and is the wiser choice if you're a Star Alliance flyer.
I agree... ANA all the way!
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

I fly SQ.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Forgot to say that SQ doesn't fly to HND.

I like ANA--haven't flown with them for a long time, though. So would you go with UA/ANA or CO/ANA code share. I don't think LAX-HND has ANA solo.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 6:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

LAX-HND is currently operated by only ANA and Delta. I'd fly ANA for several reasons related to where I accumulate miles and which service I think is better. At the price you've listed I'm guessing it is economy class and I'd definitely prefer ANA there. I flew HNL-HND on ANA this week and found it quite reasonable all things considered.

The UA and CO codeshare flights have the potential to cause issues and are generally not advisable unless the cost savings is significant enough to justify dealing with those quirks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.