Amenity kits... How do you use them?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity kits... How do you use them?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA 2 Million, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
I have given away several dozen kits from International airlines to nursing home patients - they love them. Bed-ridden residents like to have the small kits to keep personal things close to them and just a little more private than sitting out on a bed stand.
bb
Old Nov 9, 2005, 12:33 am

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
I have one from NW (the newer black/red ones) I use for travel. My mother has given me a couple of others from UA that I'm keeping in case the NW one falls apart... and also in case I have any afore-mentioned short-stay overnight visitors. As a grad student, I almost never fly int'l biz/FC so I hang on to the few I have.

Were my situation otherwise, I'd probably donate them to charity or to a nursing home (excellent suggestion ^).
Old Nov 9, 2005, 7:33 am

Programs: AC MM
My daughter enjoys them, so I give them to her!
Old Nov 9, 2005, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
I keep the SQ F ones

reality check time...

I actually prefer the UA business class ones over the first class ones.
I really don't like the CD case shape for the first class ones and end up leaving those on the plane.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 9:17 am

Programs: Delta GM, US Silver, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Wow!! How uncreative I am. I never considered using the cases for little electronics things. They just all tend to accumulate in the top of my linen closet with all my cosmetics samples until someone needs a toothbrush.

Speaking of freebies... For those of you who stay at Conrad hotels. How many rubber duckies have you accumulated over the years? I can't resist taking these home with me and I always seem to find a friend to adopt one when I get back.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 9:54 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Give 'em to my nephews...

..the 6 year old thinks they are actually pretty cool, and is dissapointed when i dont bring one back for him.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Hiro32
Sell them on eBay, just kidding

I sold loads of KLM molton brown biz kits on ebay, one guy bought most of them. Turned out he used to give them to his staff as an incentive
Old Nov 9, 2005, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I gave one BA F kit to a friend since he collects airline stuff but doesn't get the opportunity to fly F or J. I also started giving them to my girlfriend but she now tells me the products aren't that good.

I also use a couple of BA F amenity kits as my own washbags (the beige and green/grass one).

BA amenity kits from three years back are even now sold as a travelling pouch for 'Buttoneer'. If you've seen the infomercial you'll notice the BA Speedmarque (swoosh thing) on it!

Last edited by fbgdavidson; Nov 9, 2005 at 12:45 pm
Old Nov 9, 2005, 12:54 pm

Programs: LH and BA
The only two I kept:

NZ First Class (one of the last fllights LAX-AKL) actually my toilet bag.. Extremely good .

Brown fake leather, with an outside zipper pocket for wet stuff. Just great... (got 2 of them)
and SA (South African) 2001 Business class bag (exactly same design differnet colour and outside ppocket is metal mesh )

Rest give to friends , famliy, put the porudcts into the poweder room, give it to our nanny, housekeeper etc ... should give one to our guards and driver ... (just kidding)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.