Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Overnight in DCA

Overnight in DCA

Old Aug 3, 2005, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Overnight in DCA

Could not find a cheap hotel so I've decided to overnight in DCA. Any suggestions?
Old Aug 3, 2005, 7:03 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by here
Could not find a cheap hotel so I've decided to overnight in DCA. Any suggestions?
Bid on priceline for a 3* hotel in Crystal City or try Hotwire.

Overnighting in DCA airport itself will not work probably since the police are reportedly pretty zealous in keeping out the homeless folks that have tried that.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Bid on priceline for a 3* hotel in Crystal City or try Hotwire.

Overnighting in DCA airport itself will not work probably since the police are reportedly pretty zealous in keeping out the homeless folks that have tried that.
Thank you GUWonder.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 8:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by here
Thank you GUWonder.
For pricepoints to determine your bidding price check out www.betterbidding.com AND www.biddingfortravel.com .

You should not have to pay more than $65 all in.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 9:42 am

I agree that staying in DCA probably won't work and that Crystal City hotels would be ideal, if you can find one in your budget. If not, take a look at the list of nearby hotels on the DCA website - there are some a bit farther from the airport that run shuttles and may be a little less expensive. There is one place listed called the Americana Motel in Arlington. I see this motel every day on my drive to and from work, and have to say that I always thought it looked a little sketchy - sort of a throwback to the 60s, the kind of place that would rent rooms by the month. But I just took a look at tripadvisor, and it's gotten great reviews!! Recent reviews say that it has a shuttle to DCA, and that the price is around $55-75 a night - may be worth checking out.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:02 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Remember, anything on a Metro Line is, to varying degrees, accessible to DCA as long as you aren't arriving or leaving very early or very late. The Eisenhower Avenue hotels, anything in Alexandria, even something like the Comfort Inn on Van Dorn Street (they have a shuttle to Metro) would work.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by dillard8
Americana Motel in Arlington
A few months back they stealthily replaced the 'M' with an 'H', so now it is the Americana Hotel.... probably the prices have gone up as well...

There is one more cheap-looking place called the Crystal City Motel, north of everything in the industrial part of Crystal City. I'd say about a 15 minute walk from the metro station.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.