Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2005, 9:36 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, Priority Club Plat AMB.,HHonors Gold,Amex
Jackson, MS
Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:10 am

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Tad's Broiled Steaks
washington, dc

as a student there it's great to have headlines in the local paper that "three people stabbed three blocks from the white house" or "transient caught defecating in shrubbery by the world bank"

a few other us cities come to mind as well...
Oh come on now really, that can happen any where in the world not just DC. However the weather over the last week or so has made it feel like hell.

My vote for hell goes to Rochester NY. The town is dieing and has a serious lack of decent restaurants, or my grandparents just have no idea where they are.

Tad where do you go to school?

Last edited by GWU ESIA STUDENT; Jul 20, 2005 at 10:31 am
Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:26 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Hey -- I think Fresno is fabulous in comparison to Bakersfield.

Originally Posted by mallthus
Honestly, all these folks bashing LA, Houston or the rust belt need to visit Fresno for a week in August. Context people, please.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:31 am

Location: Bklyn, NY. ex-UA 1P, ex-US pref, ex-CO plat, ex-DL sil, ex-HH dmnd. Presently Free Agent
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
Hey -- I think Fresno is fabulous in comparison to Bakersfield.

And Bakersfield is fabulous in comparison to Helendale/Barstow
Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG
Then there is Elizabeth, NJ - home to more burned-out warehouses than anywhere else in America.
I was thinking of Paterson, NJ but you might be right.

Last edited by indufan; Jul 20, 2005 at 11:01 am
Old Jul 20, 2005, 5:50 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, PC Platinum, CC Gold
Across much of the southeast United States this weekend, it will be about 100 degrees. Come down and get a little taste of hell. The heat coupled with the humidity will make you think that preacher was right about the fire and brimstone.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K; UC Member; StarA
Detroit, Peroid.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
Originally Posted by diana
My vote goes to Lompoc, California. It is the cesspool of California. I thought it would be nice since there was Vandenberg Air Force Base and Nasa within a few miles. Instead, I found the Medi-Cal (state welfare) fraud capital of the state, thanks to Santa Barbara county and it's lax formulary for welfare drugs. Everyone there gets Soma and Vicodin and a "Jazzy" or something like it (a motorized cart). It's also very windy every day.
I'm gonna politely disagree on this one.
Granted, it ain't Santa Barbara, Savannah, or Tampa but it sure ain't hell in my book. I do a lot of travel to Lompoc (3-4 times/year) and look forward to it every time. Not necessarily for the town itself, but more for the weather, golf, and food. Yes, it's breezy, sometimes windy. But when it's perennially 65-70 degrees, I'll take it.

Try La Purisima Golf Course.
Try Sissy's cafe.
Try the Hitching Post restaurant.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 8:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by greenery
To start things off my vote goes to Lagos (in Africa).
Oh yeah! My good pal, Counsellor would second that in a, well, second. Truly gawdawful and not just a little scary.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 9:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Post script

Okay now, I can't believe no one's said this but ...

Um, how 'bout Death Valley, CA as being truly Hell. On. Earth.

:buh da bumm:

Old Jul 21, 2005, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by JBLUA320
Odysseus, now I believe there are 4 flights a day from Podgorica-Belgrade where you could pick up more aircraft.. Interesting what you have said about Podgorica, I've heard it's quite nice.

it isn't that bad, and actually lagos isn't that bad, either (I stand firm on Dhaka, though).

what I hated most about podgorica was getting in and out - I would fly in from rome on monday and fly out to Budapest on Wed, montenegro airlines has one plane which flies to different cities every day. you can take Yugoslavian airlines (I do't remember if that is actually the name) to Belgrade, and then fly out from their, but that isn't so easy, either. and montenegro air only takes cash - actually 2 or 3 years ago, when I went comminly to montenegro, nobody took credit cards, so you needed a lot of cash with you. and the taxi drivers were always drunk, and the hotel was crappy.

aside from that.....

the women were hot, and wore skimpy clothes. that is the best thing I can think of.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 7:42 am

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Hell is where no airplanes can land for six months of the year
Where the geese have all disappeared far to the north
Where water is sucked down the drain the opposite direction,
that is if there is any water to be found
Where the few that live there tire of darkness that goes on and on
Where it is too cold even for penguins
The South Pole - where such beauty is protected by the hellish environment
hear hear !!
Old Jul 21, 2005, 8:06 am

LaFayette, TN

Trust me!
Old Jul 21, 2005, 8:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Odysseus
it isn't that bad, and actually lagos isn't that bad, either (I stand firm on Dhaka, though).

what I hated most about podgorica was getting in and out - I would fly in from rome on monday and fly out to Budapest on Wed, montenegro airlines has one plane which flies to different cities every day. you can take Yugoslavian airlines (I do't remember if that is actually the name) to Belgrade, and then fly out from their, but that isn't so easy, either. and montenegro air only takes cash - actually 2 or 3 years ago, when I went comminly to montenegro, nobody took credit cards, so you needed a lot of cash with you. and the taxi drivers were always drunk, and the hotel was crappy.

aside from that.....

the women were hot, and wore skimpy clothes. that is the best thing I can think of.
Jat?
Old Sep 30, 2006, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Georgetown, Guyana.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.