Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Need last minute flight bad! Please help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Hey gang,

I need to get a flight leaving out on Wed and returning on Sunday evening. If anyone knows of any websites with exceptionally good deals or a website with mis-quoted prices or anything, PLEASE let me know. I've looked at Priceline, Travelocity, but the prices are still too high for me. I'm looking for something between $350-400 if possible.

Thanks,
Regina
Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by reginasmu
Hey gang,

I need to get a flight leaving out on Wed and returning on Sunday evening. If anyone knows of any websites with exceptionally good deals or a website with mis-quoted prices or anything, PLEASE let me know. I've looked at Priceline, Travelocity, but the prices are still too high for me. I'm looking for something between $350-400 if possible.

Thanks,
Regina
You should provide more info as per the dep and arr cities, thout would be a good start.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
You should provide more info as per the dep and arr cities, thout would be a good start.
I will be departing Dallas and arriving in Nashville, TN. If you have any suggestions, that would be great!

Thanks,
Regina
Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:51 pm

Programs: US lowlife
According to Kayak, 1800cheapseats.com is selling DFW-BNA for $399.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
You could always buy a Southwest voucher on eBay. The cheapest one for Buy It Now is $350. They are space available vouchers. You'd have to fly DAL through another city to get to BNA due to Wright restrictions. Not many options unless you have enough FF miles to burn a standard FF ticket on an airline.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jcooke
According to Kayak, 1800cheapseats.com is selling DFW-BNA for $399.
Thanks for the info....the only thing is the times don't work....I will be at a seminar on Sunday afternoon, so I can't fly back until after about 5 on Sunday. Most of the reasonable flights I've seen depart in the morning.

Regina
Old Jun 6, 2005, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CApreppie
You could always buy a Southwest voucher on eBay. The cheapest one for Buy It Now is $350. They are space available vouchers. You'd have to fly DAL through another city to get to BNA due to Wright restrictions. Not many options unless you have enough FF miles to burn a standard FF ticket on an airline.
Yeah, I know....the Wright Amendment is so annoying. I hope it gets overturned soon. I thought about SW, but I would end up spending alot more money since I would have to fly twice as much.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 3:24 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Hate to tell you booking without even three day advance is pretty much going to be expensive fares.

636 from Love and 641 for DFW round trip. It IS a discount fare since full fare Y is $998 return.

While I realize you are attending a meeting...prior planning would have saved money!

Push the trip back a week and fares are 452/457 (DAL/DFW) (getting you at least 7 days advance purchase) while another week it goes to 374/379 which is about as low as it seems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.