Barefoot on the plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barefoot on the plane

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2011, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
IMO, going shirtless (I assume you're talking about a man) is worse than going bare feet
So with that assumption you are saying that women are perfectly fine going shirtless? How so?
Old Feb 6, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
barefoot

Saturday night at SFO while waiting for my plane in the AA terminal I saw a youngish guy walking around barefoot. I thought, "Oh, well". Then he visited the men's room. Yuck.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 10:05 pm

Programs: Skywards, Velocity Rewards
Originally Posted by Orion
...Then he visited the men's room. Yuck.
Why, did he make you suck his toes after he came out?

Seriously, I would not visit a public lavatory with bare feet if you paid me, but if someone else wants to do it and risk stepping into a puddle of someone elses urine (or worse) I could not care less.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 4:20 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by firequall
So with that assumption you are saying that women are perfectly fine going shirtless? How so?
Fine with me...
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:14 am

Don't understand why those who feel the need to take their socks off on the plane don't just wear sandals in the first place.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by firequall
You've got a point.. I guess one can wear a sweater or jacket.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 2:30 pm

The scenario I get a little miffed about is when people use the armrest in front of them to rest their feet on. Shoes, no shoes, socks, no socks, the armrest isn't a place for your feet to extend into someone else's space. Let's table whose space the armrest belongs to; unlike "fair use" of the underseat space to store personal items or reclining space during meals, I'm pretty sure the armrest doesn't involve a third party who isn't in that row.

Was trying to get to sleep on a red eye window seat only to feel a bit of a poke scratch on my arm. It turned out to be a foot with a sock. No odor or what not, but poking movements are not conducive to sleep. I mostly inflated a handy gallon size ziplock and inserted in between his foot and my arm. +1 for spare ziplocks.

Do what you want with your feet in your own space. Please keep them out of mine.

KthxBye!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
Classy.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: All of em...
Some people would rather walk around the plane barefoot, and some people would rather keep their feet in their shoes. I see no harm either way as long as the barefoot or socked people aren't putting their feet on other people.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
Classy.
Yeah -- if you're going to be barefoot and in shorts, you need an anklet. Duh!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:16 pm

What about the OP that has to sit next to the barefoot guy in the picture? It is too personal sitting so close to a stranger on a plane. Other situations, one can get up and move away.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Its the same as ANY other plane situation. What about sitting next to the guy that smells of smoke, or just plain smells? Its the same thing.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Tizzette
What about the OP that has to sit next to the barefoot guy in the picture? It is too personal sitting so close to a stranger on a plane. Other situations, one can get up and move away.
Who cares if someone is barefoot? Would it be OK if he/she wore flip-flops? How about very open sandals? Doc Martins? Boots? I just don't get this. I've had to sit next to stinky people, that's nasty. People who overflowed into my space, that's unpleasant. Loud people, annoying. Sick people, scary (please I don't want to get sick). Barefoot people? Huh? What about people whose clothes clash?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 7:12 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Don't understand why those who feel the need to take their socks off on the plane don't just wear sandals in the first place.
I take my shoes off, keep socks on, and for walking around use a cheap slipper I carry just for this purpose. So the natural question, why bother with shoes in the first place?

That's because of the journey to the airport. Specifics vary---from shopping/social stops, to stairs/trains with luggage, to cold and snow in Chicago---but sandals do not feel right many times. I could change in the airport, especially after TSA shoe drill, but then I'd need to carry decent quality sandals for the terminal. In the cabin I can get away with very flimsy but very light slippers.

Last edited by aktchi; Mar 28, 2011 at 10:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.