Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transatlantic fares High

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2005, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Transatlantic fares High

Non-stop JFK/EWR to Rome for spring/summer 2005 are running above $900; last year this time they were around $600. Time to wait or time to buy?
Help!
Old Feb 4, 2005, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hammerj
Non-stop JFK/EWR to Rome for spring/summer 2005 are running above $900; last year this time they were around $600. Time to wait or time to buy?
Help!
Play around with dates, airlines, etc. The cheapest published fare for 10th June is $425 (return, excl taxes&charges) on LO, and there are at least a dozen published fares (on various airlines) below $600, so you should be able to do better. Why do you have to go nonstop??
Old Feb 7, 2005, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by graraps
Play around with dates, airlines, etc. The cheapest published fare for 10th June is $425 (return, excl taxes&charges) on LO, and there are at least a dozen published fares (on various airlines) below $600, so you should be able to do better. Why do you have to go nonstop??

By asking the airline search to look + / - 7 days of my proposed date i was able to save $300 on a trans-Atlantic trip (LHR to SEA/TAC with BA) by choosing to fly a day earlier than i was planning on doing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.