Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Old Dec 27, 2008, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

For UA flyers it is practically useless. Only non-hub lounges are included, which really devalues the lounge for irrops and would force you to navigate to different concourses and back to sit in a PP lounge.

Last edited by elCheapoDeluxe; Dec 27, 2008 at 7:51 am
Old Dec 27, 2008, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by danielonn
One comment I made to Bank of America is to allow access to Delta and American Airlines with just the credit card so we will see what happens.
It seems like you should tell Priority Pass not BOA (although it seems pretty unlikely they'd do this anyway).
Old Dec 27, 2008, 9:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

For UA flyers it is practically useless. Only non-hub lounges are included, which really devalues the lounge for irrops and would force you to navigate to different concourses and back to sit in a PP lounge.
Well, unless you count Denver as a hub. Both Denver RCCs are in the PP program.

Never found walking 10 mins from one concourse to another to be particularly troubling, esp since the lounges that are included tend to be a better than the typical RCC.

Agree that PP doesn't help the UA flyer much in the case of irrops.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
you can get the full membership PP with the Ameriprise mastercard (US based card) and if you make someone an authorized user they also get a PP card without any additional cost. The annual fee is $150.

I've used PP in about 10 airports this year; mostly outside the U.S. and I've not had any problems.

edited to add: I've never been charged for any per visit fees.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 11:28 pm

I love Priority Pass

Priority Pass has to be one of the best inventions in the travel industry. I knew about this program when it first launched. Currently I have the Bank of America Accolades American Express Credit Card and it comes with the unlimited lounge access feature for the primary card holder. For $27 I can bring in a guest which is not bad considering lounges charge $50+ for a day pass.

I have used the lounge at SFO and LAS and LAX without a problem. The entrance is super easy you just show your card and ID then you will be asked to sign the lounge admittance sheet and voila you are in. You can go in and out of the lounge. I was treated like a regular member of their club. They welcomed me with open arms.

The lounge attendant said that Priority Pass is starting to become popular as you can access multiple lounges. Does anyone know when Priority Pass will add more lounges? I would like to see all Admirals Clubs, United Red Carpet Clubs added.

Hopefully we will see Priority Pass expand since this program allows you to access multiple lounges. It would be fun to go lounge hopping at Atlanta airport or another airport with multiple lounges.

With the delays this program is worth every cent. Bank of America waives the fee on both the credit card and Priority Pass for their Private Banking Customers. I am in love with this program and hope to see it take off in many different directions.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 5:49 am
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
I have a priority pass but I am yet to use it. If I enter a lounge at an airport I'll pay the $27. But what happens if I go out for a spin in the airport and return back? Do I pay again?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by zaf
I have a priority pass but I am yet to use it. If I enter a lounge at an airport I'll pay the $27. But what happens if I go out for a spin in the airport and return back? Do I pay again?
No. Just tell an agent that you will be back and hold on to your Priority Pass receipt.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by zaf
No, you can leave and re-enter the same lounge during the same visit.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 9:08 pm

Per visit charge only for M&M MC Card Members

I just got my M&M MC and along with it came the PP enrollment form as complimentary membership - $27 pp per visit. Am not sure when I'll use it..
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:40 pm

Programs: Aeroflot, BMI, Swiss
I have Priority Pass as part of my UK issued Amex Platinum Card.

I've used it for years, and its great.

I've used it all over Europe, and it works every time. Some Airports like Moscow Domededevo don't have a Priority Pass lounge so you need to make sure before you fly if there is one available.

The PP lounges aren't always the most basic. Athens airport PP is in the Olympic Airways lounge which offers free food, not like the British Airways of Swiss lounges next door.

My advice is try it and see.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by goback
Is it possible to interpret this rule in a way that one can use a lounge as an arrival lounge?

For example you fly from AAA-BBB that morning and use the lounge at BBB on arrival, assuming that it is on the same day (which may not be possible on intercontinental journeys).

Any PP holders experienced this?

I can't imagine the lounge people being too fussed as the lounge presumably gets paid by PP for every entry.
I've used PP for arrivals lounge access occasionally, latest was last week at Madrid. I've never tried to hide it from the lounge staff "Hi, I just got in from XXX, and need a couple of minutes of quiet to prepare/clean-up/wind-down before heading out into the world". Haven't experienced any refusals.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 4:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
I just got my PP renewal for this year after never using it one in 2008....didn't realize I had allowed aoutomatic renewal.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 11:06 pm

I have a priority pass but I am yet to use it.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 1:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I fly quite a lot in Europe, and about once a year all over the US. I can get a priority pass from my dad who is going to sign up for a AMEX PLAT.

Now I'm only 19 years old, but have my own business and travel quite often.
I saw that quite a lot of the US lounges require that the card holder is 21, why is that?

Haven't seen any of the European lounges quoting this on there page.
If you are older than 21 you are allowed to take children (payed) inn. So I don't think its to keep it quiet.

Do they really check age?
Old Mar 4, 2009, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by thomas199023
I saw that quite a lot of the US lounges require that the card holder is 21, why is that?

Do they really check age?
1. Some US lounges have "serve yourself" beer and wine (unsupervised). Legal drinking age in the US is 21.

2. Never seen it happen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.