Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2008, 6:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
The other thing to keep in mind is that some PP lounges will be in terminals other than that on which you are flying and those terminals will NOT be connected, meaning you'll have to go through security again if you want to use the lounge (used to happen to me all the time FRA and MUC.)

That said, I've had PP for two years now and think it's a worthwhile program.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 7:08 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I have been a Priority Pass holder for 3 years now, thanks to my credit card (Citi Chairman Card). Unforunately for me, there is a LOT of overlap with my NWA WorldClub lifetime membership. Seems that PP is in bed with NWA, CO and DL at many of the airports I fly into. Granted, I normally fly a ST carrier, perhaps that's why I'm seeing the same lounge that is open to both cardholders.

Either way, I wish there were some more higher-end lounges on the program. It is a good program for some of the smaller and more out of the way airports though.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:58 am

I have been a member of Priority Pass for a few years now (through my American Express card), and I think it's worthwhile in itself. (I don't know that I'd pay for it separately though, but that depends how much you travel and how and where you travel.)

There is not always a lounge in the part of the airport that you're flying from, and in a few major airports or terminals there aren't any (the most obvious omission at the moment being London Heathrow Terminal Five, I suppose because only British Airways flies from there). But the programme seems to work well and is well run, and certainly there are a lot of lounges listed...
Old Sep 26, 2008, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Sssshhh. Quit telling people or the lounges will get more crowded!

I was leaving on a 6 AM from LGA a couple of weeks ago and got to the airport just before "security" opened at 4:30 AM. I almost joined the line at Starbucks once I got airside and then saw the Crown Room Club straight ahead- and open for business. Thank you, PriorityPass.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by abfab
You do need to be flying actually, even if the lounge is landside.

One of the conditions for lounge access on PP is that admittance to lounges is strictly subject to cardholders and any guests being in possession of a valid flight ticket for the same day of travel.
Is it possible to interpret this rule in a way that one can use a lounge as an arrival lounge?

For example you fly from AAA-BBB that morning and use the lounge at BBB on arrival, assuming that it is on the same day (which may not be possible on intercontinental journeys).

Any PP holders experienced this?

I can't imagine the lounge people being too fussed as the lounge presumably gets paid by PP for every entry.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by goback
Is it possible to interpret this rule in a way that one can use a lounge as an arrival lounge?

For example you fly from AAA-BBB that morning and use the lounge at BBB on arrival, assuming that it is on the same day (which may not be possible on intercontinental journeys).

I can't imagine the lounge people being too fussed as the lounge presumably gets paid by PP for every entry.
I don't recall ever being asked for a BP, but maybe I have been.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 3:49 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by goback

http://www.prioritypass.com/Conditions-of-use.cfm

12. Admittance to lounges is strictly subject to cardholders and any guests being in possession of a valid flight ticket for the same day of travel. Airline, airport and other travel industry employees traveling on reduced-rate tickets may not be eligible for access. Outside the US, flight tickets must be accompanied by a valid boarding pass for a departing flight, i.e. outbound passengers only. Please note some lounges in Europe are located within designated Schengen areas of the airport which means that access is only provided to these lounges if members are traveling between Schengen countries. (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, The Netherlands, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden).
Old Sep 27, 2008, 7:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I don't recall ever being asked for a BP, but maybe I have been.
In European airports, I was almost always asked for a BP. In the U.S., I am never asked for a BP, perhaps because you can't get through security without a BP?
Old Sep 27, 2008, 8:33 am
Oxb

Programs: Earthling, TSA Disparager Gold
In the US I usually do not get asked for a BP. Except at the DL Crown Room at SLC. They insist upon seeing it every time.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
I almost always get asked for a BP, and I use my membership mostly in the US.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 7:06 pm

Thanks for the link Brobbel. It did seem to be a little too good to be true.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 2:30 am

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Oxb
In the US I usually do not get asked for a BP. Except at the DL Crown Room at SLC. They insist upon seeing it every time.
Side question: Is the DL CRC at SLC now part of PP? I've was a 5 year member of PP (up until last November) and one of the largest holes in the program were airline lounges at the major hub airports. The exception is CO (very well represented at IAH). Otherwise, no RCCs at hubs (LAX, DEN, ORD), as far as I remember, no DL CRCs at SLC or ATL, and not too sure about NW - I've never set foot on any of their planes nor hubs. AS was a nice addition though.

However, ever since AC dropped their support for PP, that's when I also lost a lot of interest.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 7:51 am
Oxb

Programs: Earthling, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
Side question: Is the DL CRC at SLC now part of PP? I've was a 5 year member of PP (up until last November) and one of the largest holes in the program were airline lounges at the major hub airports. The exception is CO (very well represented at IAH). Otherwise, no RCCs at hubs (LAX, DEN, ORD), as far as I remember, no DL CRCs at SLC or ATL, and not too sure about NW - I've never set foot on any of their planes nor hubs. AS was a nice addition though.

However, ever since AC dropped their support for PP, that's when I also lost a lot of interest.

Yes, The SLC DL CR is in PP (that is a lot of letters )

Other PP clubs

LAX = US, NW, DL, CO & AS no RCCs
DEN = 2 RCCs and a CO PC
ORD = CO/NW & DL
ATL = all DL Crs and CO PC

For myself, the biggest hole in PP is CLT. US withdrew their hub clubs from PP a few years ago.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by abfab
You do need to be flying actually, even if the lounge is landside.

One of the conditions for lounge access on PP is that admittance to lounges is strictly subject to cardholders and any guests being in possession of a valid flight ticket for the same day of travel.
Yes, we were asked for our BP when we used the DL lounge in ATL last week.
YMMV.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by philemer
Yes, we were asked for our BP when we used the DL lounge in ATL last week.
YMMV.
That may be MO for DL lounges as historically you needed to be traveling on DL to be able to use your CRC membership (I don't know if this is still the case).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.