Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:18 pm

Have used it primarily @ LHR. Servisair lounges aren't that flash, but the staff are impressively helpful. I spent a few hours once sleeping in the smoking room @ T3 LHR as I had a nasty headache. Not many people smoke anymore, so it wasn't as smoky as you might think. The main lounge tends to be crowded.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:19 pm

Let me clarify my last post a bit: the Servisair lounge @ LHR isn't that flash (at least not compared to, say, SQ's). I think that's the only one I've actually used, so can't speak for the others.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:58 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
There is no Priority Pass lounge in CDG Terminal 2.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 2:45 pm

Programs: Peon in all
I've used Priority Pass at many different airports with no problem.

And they're adding more in the US now. (Most AS lounges are being added!)
Old Oct 19, 2005, 2:58 pm

Programs: # Neodymium #
I've used it all over.. the lounges are usually the generic basic ones, and definitely not the fancy exclusive 'Clubhouses'. But if it's in the book, you will get in without hassle...
Old Oct 19, 2005, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
I'm in my second year and planning to sign up again. We've used it in ZRH, BUD, PRA, EDI, LHR and probably some places I've forgotten. No single airline club card would be likely to give is that breadth. We used the ServisAir lounge in LHR. A little weird to have a coin-op computer for the Internet, but it works! Rest of the lounge was just fine. We have never had a problem with the card being accepted at listed lounges or being given different treatment.

Good coverage in the US except nothing in SLC, CVG or CLT so far. I find that odd since they're major hubs. But, when I read about the SEA Admiral's Club closing down I looked at the PriorityPass listing: there are 3 available lounges in SEA, none of them the AC. Also very nice not to be at the mercy of one airline's openings and closings.

If you search here on PriorityPass you'll probably get some more info.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 8:01 am

Programs: Peon in all
Deleted

Last edited by the_traveler; Oct 20, 2005 at 8:06 am Reason: Deleted - Incorrect info
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Plat 2.7mm LY slvr
I've used them for years - never a complaint.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 6:21 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
it seems to have great international coverage but not as great in the US, though that seems to be improving since I last looked into it all about 2 years ago when I decided to go for the AMEX Plat card instead since I do most flying in the US and on Skyteam airlines....I do recall that the NW DTW WorldClub won the best PP lounge for 2005 last time I was there....it is a great lounge
Old Oct 21, 2005, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
In the last week I've used it at LYS and AMS. I use it at the Holodeck lounge at LHR T4 which I think is a fine lounge. I've used at UA RCC clubs in BWI and PDX. I have lots of airline status, but even though I can use the KL lounge at AMS for instance (with my FB Plat card), the PP lounge is a bit closer to the gates I fly out of and less crowded.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
When you use priority pass do they ask to check your ticket or is the card enough? I frequently get a buddy pass from an airline friend and I know that some lounges do not want any non-revs, but is this a problem if you use priority pass?
Old Oct 27, 2005, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXPPlat, UA 1K, 9W Silver, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyingcat
When you use priority pass do they ask to check your ticket or is the card enough? I frequently get a buddy pass from an airline friend and I know that some lounges do not want any non-revs, but is this a problem if you use priority pass?

some of the folks earlier on this thread seem to imply that they really dont care what airline / class you are booked on. I would assume that means they dont care that you are non-rev. I am planning to buy it for christmas - will post an update on what I experience next year [like that would really help or answer your question ] .. will be doing a lot of intl trips next year, so I think it might be useful (hope so)
Old Oct 27, 2005, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by flyingcat
I don't recall ever being asked - remember the lounges get paid every time you use your pass.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXPPlat, UA 1K, 9W Silver, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by love2travel
I don't recall ever being asked - remember the lounges get paid every time you use your pass.
Thats good to know - I thought the lounges get a (flat) fee to be part of the network, but no marginal revenues from having PP users there (or if their fee structure is a step function of sorts). But That was part of my original concern when I started asking around about PP.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by fabricoftruth
Thats good to know - I thought the lounges get a (flat) fee to be part of the network, but no marginal revenues from having PP users there (or if their fee structure is a step function of sorts). But That was part of my original concern when I started asking around about PP.
I think I should clarify that I have no inside information about Priority Pass - what I do know is that they charge me each time I use one of the clubs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.