Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2001, 9:04 am

GoldLust,

Have a look at : www.hrs.com

I get sometimes better rates than those from IAPA !
Old Feb 19, 2001, 9:54 am

Like Roger I use the PP card, and get if free through Amex Plat. I pay Ł14 per visit , and that covers a guest! I thought that I would get to pay Ł28 for two. It is ideal if you are travelling through Stanstead on Go or Buzz, or through various European airports where loung access is tight (Linate for example). If I am with BA I use their lounge, but as Roger points out they are sometimes packed.
Old Feb 20, 2001, 11:12 am

us based airlines that participate are us, dl, nw and tw. since that is 4 of the 7 majors, that's pretty good coverage. and considering it is about the same price as just joining one club, it's not a bad deal at all. of course, it may be moot sooner rather than later.
Old Feb 21, 2001, 9:53 am

Programs: Presto
What would make it moot?
Old Feb 22, 2001, 12:59 am

Does US Plat. offer PP free as well?
Old Feb 22, 2001, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
I really don't see the logic in buying a priority club pass when you still have to pay a $21/entry fee. Just decide with whom you'll do the majority of your travel and join that club and use their partners.

i.e.: Join United Red Carpet/Delta Crown Club and you can use either membership for club entry.

NW, CO & HP all swap entry into their clubs.

You can also use your membership at int'l partner clubs: Lufthansa for United, British Airways for HP, etc.
Old Feb 22, 2001, 1:45 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
There are two membership plans: "Standard" $99/year+$24/visit -or- "Prestige" $295/year with unlimited use (but $24/visit for each guest who accompanies you).

The "logic" depends on things like whether
  • you have a preferred airline
  • you make your own travel arrangements
  • you travel alone
  • you connect through particular airports
  • you usually travel on discounted economy fares or full fare first
  • your travel is primarily domestic or international
  • you are a mid-tier or top-tier elite in some carrier's frequent flyer program
  • you have a Diners Club card
  • you want specific features, such as wireless Internet access
  • you (or someone else) is picking up the fees

Also, $299/year for IAPA Gold membership gives you other benefits besides Priority Pass lounge access.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EXPPlat, UA 1K, 9W Silver, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Post Priority Pass Consolidated thread

I was thinking of buying the priority pass - every post that has some reference to it basically says what they have on their website. I was wondering if anyone here has USED it and knows how well it works.

Main concern: are they accepted as often as the PP folks claim on their website? Also, would you know if these get you into the better lounges in airports if there are multiple?

Thanks,
FoT.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:34 am

Programs: Luckest hitchhiker ever! WN CSA/SMF
Originally Posted by fabricoftruth
I was thinking of buying the priority pass - every post that has some reference to it basically says what they have on their website. I was wondering if anyone here has USED it and knows how well it works.

Main concern: are they accepted as often as the PP folks claim on their website? Also, would you know if these get you into the better lounges in airports if there are multiple?

Thanks,
FoT.
Trust me, it does work. I use it all the time I travel! No problems with it what so ever!
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:35 am

I've never had problems using it. Make sure you bring your book along, listing the lounge you want to use.
FYI I found quite a few of the lounges in the UK to be VERY basic.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXPPlat, UA 1K, 9W Silver, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Could you tell me what "VERY BASIC" would mean? Does this mean that the lounges that PP gives you access to in London [they claim to have access to 6 lounges in London Heathrow (,Terminal 1 International,Terminal 2 International,Terminal 3 International,Terminal 4 International)] arent the better ones?

Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2005, 12:11 pm

Can't tell you about London specifically but works for me so far...
Old Oct 19, 2005, 12:20 pm

Priority pass works as advertised.

Haven't used any of them in London. The 6 in London Heathrow would be as follows:

Airport LONDON,Heathrow
Lounge TRAVELEX BUSINESS CENTRE, HEATHROW
Location Landside - the Lounge is located in the Queens Building. Access is by covered walkway from Terminals 1 and 2. Follow signs to 'Business Centre'.
Opening Hours 07.00 - 19.00 Monday - Friday. Hours may be subject to change. Closed: Saturday & Sunday.

Airport LONDON,Heathrow
Terminal Terminal 1 International
Lounge SERVISAIR GLOBEGROUND LOUNGE
Location Airside - proceed through Passport Control, turn right at 'World of Whiskies' and take the lift/stairs to the 2nd floor. Follow signs along the balcony. Please be advised that the Lounge is NOT available for domestic UK flights and departures to the Republic of Ireland - International only.

Airport LONDON,Heathrow
Terminal Terminal 2 International
Location Airside - proceed through Passport Control, take the escalator/lift to the 2nd floor and follow signs along the balcony.

Airport LONDON,Heathrow
Terminal Terminal 3 International
Lounge KUWAIT AIRWAYS - OASIS LOUNGE
Location Airside - through the main Departure Lounge and doorway 12A. Pass Duty Free and a set of doors and take the stairs/lift to the 1st floor. The Lounge is situated to the right.

Airport LONDON,Heathrow
Terminal Terminal 3 International
Location Airside - proceed through Departures into the Departure Lounge. Go through the doors towards Gates 2-55 and follow signs to Gate 12A. Take the lift or stairs to the 2nd floor, go through the double doors, turn right and follow the corridor round.

Airport LONDON,Heathrow
Terminal Terminal 4 International
Lounge HOLIDECK LOUNGE
Location Airside - the Lounge is located at Departure Gate 17.
Opening Hours 05.30 - 22.00 daily.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 12:21 pm

Priority Pass works very well, it is a great program. The lounges are also listed on their website. Don't worry, what they say they have, they have. It is a real international lounge access program and is great for people with limited status or whom may not have their status airline lounge available. ^
Old Oct 19, 2005, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I have used the priority pass card at quite a few airports and it is great where your normal status would not work ie HP Clubs in LAS/PHX, Delta CRC in MCO and MUC etc.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.