Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012]

Old Aug 12, 2012, 5:51 am
Suspended

I have found it to be quite useless. If I have a long layover and desire a lounge, I will just by a discounted club pass from one of the airlines. No yearly fee. Pay as you go.

Another thing I noticed is that the 2 airports I use the most - didn't have "Priority Pass" lounges. So for me the Priority Pass was useless.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I agree; with many lounges available pay per entry these days I am not quite sure what the unique selling point of Priority Pass is anymore.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Sorry, but could someone please clarify:

I've been to the PP web-site and I don't see a "select" membership: https://www.prioritypass.com/Join/What-it-Costs.cfm

Have they renamed their tiers? I'm guessing for a leisure traveler such as myself, the best option is the "Standard Plus."

Thanks.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:00 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Sorry, but could someone please clarify:

I've been to the PP web-site and I don't see a "select" membership: https://www.prioritypass.com/Join/What-it-Costs.cfm

Have they renamed their tiers? I'm guessing for a leisure traveler such as myself, the best option is the "Standard Plus."

Thanks.
Select Membership is a limited form of the base membership that does not allow entry into United Clubs. It is a benefit of some credit cards and not available separately.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by baliktad
Select Membership is a limited form of the base membership that does not allow entry into United Clubs. It is a benefit of some credit cards and not available separately.
Thanks. So if someone were to purchase the standard plus membership directly from PP web-site, this should be less problematic with which club will/will not accept it? Also, if you have the standard plus membership, how many hours may you spend inside a club before they want to count it as an additional stay? Seems like the credit card benefit membership comes with a four hour max stay?

Thanks again.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Don't know about the US, but in Europe many lounges have a 3-hour maximum stay.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:41 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stifle
Don't know about the US, but in Europe many lounges have a 3-hour maximum stay.
After three hours, the staff at the entrance desk may change, so how would they find those who have exceeded the three hour limit--do they give you a special "color coded" hat (which you must wear) so they can track you down later?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Thanks. So if someone were to purchase the standard plus membership directly from PP web-site, this should be less problematic with which club will/will not accept it? Also, if you have the standard plus membership, how many hours may you spend inside a club before they want to count it as an additional stay? Seems like the credit card benefit membership comes with a four hour max stay?
Time limits are sent by individual lounges, not by membership tier. To see if any limits are in place, simply find the PP listing for the lounge you would like to use.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by 14940674
Time limits are sent by individual lounges, not by membership tier. To see if any limits are in place, simply find the PP listing for the lounge you would like to use.
Thank you!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:01 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator note

As this thread spanned almost the entire period of FlyerTalk's existence and had become difficult to search for information, we decided to split the thread at this point. We'll keep this part of the former thread visible for historical purposes, but close it.

Those who wish to see and discuss recent and current issues of Priority Pass airport lounges are invited to do so here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...13-onward.html

Ocn Vw 1K, for the TravelBuzz moderator team.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.