Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Signs you travel too much. [Archived]

Signs you travel too much. [Archived]

Old Nov 14, 2004, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by stut
By spotting Clapham Common out the window, you know exactly the approach you're going to take into Heathrow, and how long it will take to taxi into the gate.
Or the position of Twickenham in the view out of the window.

______

-Cabin crew and other passengers recognise you from previous flights to the same destination....and I don't travel!
Old Nov 14, 2004, 9:11 am

Programs: AA ExecutivePlat; Delta Platinum; Aeroplan Prestige; SPG Platinum
Or:

The FA's know you by name, ask about your wife, and wish you a belated birthday.

The FA's don't bother asking you what type of entree you want they have your preferences memorized.

You have more headphones and hotel toiletries then China has tea, and you have considered opening a store.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Talking

I know this for sure because my Hummer Samsonite Roller Suitcase never leaves my living room.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 8:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Mrs 49er just pointed these out based on travelling together yesterday:

1. I left a 5:00am wake up call-at home!

2. I know way too many 1st names of ground staff. ^

3. Way too many ground staff know me.

4. The flight attendant brought me my cocktail (unbidden), and then asked my wife what she wanted. :-:

5. Bet Mrs 49er $10 which gate we would be coming into at ATL (no cheating allowed). She got every other gate at Hartsfield-and still lost $10. Balance owing-Priceless!

6. Crown Room employees don't bother to check your membership.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 10:04 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
When friends you see on a regular basis ask "So where have you been now?" instead of saying hello upon meeting.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 7:40 pm

My Experiences

1) Late for a Monday morning flight, running to the gate:

When the GA sees me, she yells, "Ms. FemaleFlyer, I knew you were on here, so we've been waiting for you."

2) Same Monday morning flight - get there in plenty of time and requested an upgrade at the ticket counter when checking a bag (female GA who really knows me is not there):

I'm sitting down reading a USA Today, and the male GA comes over to me to hand me my upgraded boarding pass without even asking my name (ok, he had been there a couple of times when I checked in, but didn't realize that he would recognize me).

3) Stayed at the same hotel for many months (the W in Atlanta - they are wonderful - always put me in a room that was bigger than my first apartment - entryway, full living room, full kitchen, breakfast table, hallway to my bedroom, etc.) - I told the front desk that this would be my final week in Atlanta and checked out on Wednesday. I got a call on my cell phone from the manager saying, "I thought you were checking out tomorrow - you need to come back here before you leave Atlanta." I went back and they presented me with a beautiful rattan-type box that had one of their waffle-fabric robes with my name embroidared on the left side.

4) Knowing more about the room-service guy than you know about your nephews! I was in Richmond and had a guy that delivered room-service almost every night I was there. Because he was there almost every night, I got the scoop about the nights he wasn't there: his graduation, his girlfriend's graduation, what they want to do in the future, etc. I liked hearing about what he and his girlfriend had planned for the future, but it made me feel a bit guilty that I don't have that same info about my nieces and nephews!
Old Nov 18, 2004, 7:50 pm

My husband had a similar situation

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
When friends you see on a regular basis ask "So where have you been now?" instead of saying hello upon meeting.
My mom called my husband and asked where I was and my husband answered, "Richmond, no, Charlotte, no, Richmond, no, Charlotte." He knew I was going back and forth and, since I had just left that day, he didn't have a clue (I call him in the evening when I get to my destination and give him the info).
Old Nov 18, 2004, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by FemaleFlyer
3) Stayed at the same hotel for many months (the W in Atlanta - they are wonderful - always put me in a room that was bigger than my first apartment - entryway, full living room, full kitchen, breakfast table, hallway to my bedroom, etc.) - I told the front desk that this would be my final week in Atlanta and checked out on Wednesday. I got a call on my cell phone from the manager saying, "I thought you were checking out tomorrow - you need to come back here before you leave Atlanta." I went back and they presented me with a beautiful rattan-type box that had one of their waffle-fabric robes with my name embroidared on the left side.
Now that's impressive - you travel too much.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 8:40 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
While driving you notice a presonalized license plate DCA-SEA and you think to yourself "I wonder how many EQMs that would be? What if I connected in MEM instead of DTW?
Old Nov 19, 2004, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: UK: FT AA limerick winner,Mahogany Belt WWBTNFTMTP player
Programs: AA PLT
You stop at a hotel that is also used by flight crews and you recognise 3/4 of them
Old Nov 19, 2004, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Red face

When you notice that a particular FA has had her hair cut or changed her hair color ... and then go home and don't recognize that the spouse has done the same thing.

Last edited by BamaVol; Nov 19, 2004 at 12:28 pm
Old Nov 19, 2004, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 1K (only status that matters to me)
When you got out to a snazzy dinner with your spouse for the first time in ages and stare quizzically at your napkin, wondering: A, why the heck your napkin/silverwear aren't rolled up and banded together UA-style, and, B, why you have been allowed to be in possession of a *metal* knife!

Said spouse then mutters something about "road warrior de-programming."
Old Nov 19, 2004, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: UK: FT AA limerick winner,Mahogany Belt WWBTNFTMTP player
Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by BamaVol
When you notice that a particular FA has had her hair cut or changed her hair color ... and then go home and don't recognize that the spouse has done the smae thing.
You're still alive to tell this tale ????
Old Nov 19, 2004, 11:12 am

You no longer use your bed at home because of the discomfort Instead, you resort to sleeping on your chair recliner with headphones on.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 12:23 pm
In Memoriam

Your family really believes that you ae a CIA Operative because you are gone so much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.