Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

south of France to Rome, cheap flights

Old Mar 24, 2004, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.

Hi all,

I am going to be flying from Montpellier preferably or Nimes, or Marseille to Rome on July 28th Return August 3rd. The cheapest flights I found were 225 euros out of Marseille on Air France. Does anybody know if any discount carriers service this route. I have a free stay at the Cavalari Hilton, but I am an unemployeed college student in France, so money is key. I was thinking about a 4 day rail pass for $200, but the long train from Montpellier to Rome has several connections, and is overnight. Any suggestions on how to arrange transportation would be appreciated, and any comments on the trains as well.

thanks much

Timo
Old Mar 25, 2004, 4:29 pm

Check the www.ryanair.com website for flights from Montpellier to Frankfurt and from Frankfurt to Rome. It will take a lot of time flying and waiting in Frankfurt but it will get you to Rome and back for about 100 EUR if you book now.
Keep in mind that Ryanair flies to the Rome Ciampino airport and not to Rome Fiumicino like most airlines do.

[This message has been edited by fre_82 (edited Mar 25, 2004).]
Old Mar 25, 2004, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Try:-
http://www.skyscanner.net/wings.asp
http://www.openjet.com/public/index.jsp

They might point you in the direction of the right airlines.
Old Mar 25, 2004, 4:53 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
[edited due to bampottishness]

[This message has been edited by stut (edited Mar 25, 2004).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.