Wiki Posts
Search

"meal for sale"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2004, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
"meal for sale"

I am flying MSP to TUS and my reservation says meal for sale. Does this mean this is our only choice? They will not provide any other meal? How satisfied have others been with this type of meal and what is the cost? There is a chance I will get upgraded to 1st class. Would the meal there also be only ..meal for sale?
Old Jan 16, 2004, 7:32 am

A Meal for Sale means exactly that, it is the only option onboard. I assume you are taking NW as you are going to MSP. They will generally offer a continental breakfast of some type in the morning, salad/sandwich at lunch and a small dinner during the evening. Prices vary from $2-10, depending on what you get. Beverages are still comped (non-alcoholic). In F, hot meals are served and are comped as well (standard F meal, not the Meal for Sale stuff). I believe TGI Friday's is still "making" the meals, although I don't buy them, so who knows.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Here are some additional details from nwa.com:

http://www.nwa.com/services/onboard/special/meals.html
Old Jan 17, 2004, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
If you plan on making an onboard purchase and want to make the FA's happy, have plenty of $1 bills on you! Don't show up with nothing smaller than a $20 or $50!
Old Jan 27, 2004, 5:35 pm

Just back from SEA -> JFK on delta and they had the same deal. 2 free cookies with the drinks, but for the meal you had to pay what was relatively outrageous prices. I always bring my own so I didn't really care. Seems like we are all flying People's Express again.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL DM
NW gave out two bags of pretzels on my meal for sale flights.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
At first, I thought the Meal For Sale idea was horrible. How could they do that to us! But I've kind of warmed up to it. I would rather pay $7 for a TGIF sandwich than get the ubiquitous dry turkey mini-sandwich thing.

The only time I find Meal For Sale obnoxious is when Midwest Airlines does it. They want us to think of them as a premium product for which we will pay a premium fare. They should provide the meals for free, just like we would get them in F on a "regular" airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.