FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   IS ONETRAVEL.COM RELIABLE? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/297810-onetravel-com-reliable.html)

boggie Jan 11, 2004 12:13 pm

IS ONETRAVEL.COM RELIABLE?

It is my first post in this forum and I did do a search first but most recent comments on onetravel.com were in 2001. I am looking to book airfare for 2 adults from bos to cun for March 31 to April 7. I found direct flights both ways on USAIR for $553.00pp and was going to book this but looked at onetravel.com first. There I found the same itinerary (white label carrier) for $442.00pp. I have never used them before and am not comfortable with it as I know nothing about this site.

I would appreciate any feedback or comments concerning this site. Thanks in advance.
Boggie

richard Jan 11, 2004 1:52 pm

I know the owner. I have used them but it was several years agao. They proved reliable at that time.

You may have busy signals etc. if you have to call them but hopefully you won't have to.

ams199 Jan 12, 2004 2:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by boggie:
It is my first post in this forum and I did do a search first but most recent comments on onetravel.com were in 2001. [...] I have never used them before and am not comfortable with it as I know nothing about this site.

I would appreciate any feedback or comments concerning this site. Thanks in advance.
Boggie
</font>

I used to work at OneTravel. As long as you are comfortable with the notion of not knowing the details of your flight beforehand, White Label fares can be a great deal. Just be _sure_ of your itinerary before buying, as those are absolutely, positively non-refundable. I'd be happy to answer any other questions about the company you may have.

SAT Lawyer Jan 12, 2004 11:26 pm

I used OneTravel to purchase tickets for my wife and myself for our honeymoon to French Polynesia (LAX to PPT) because they offered an incredible discount over regular published fares at the time. Though their identification of the carrier as Air Thaiti [sic] Nui on their website did raise my eyebrows, we had no problems with subsequent ticket delivery or our reservation itself. I wouldn't have any qualms about using them again.

WillTravel Jan 13, 2004 12:55 am

I gave OneTravel.com a try for a possible trip. The first item that came up in the list was "Name Your Own Price." This was a link to Priceline, although it wasn't immediately obvious. The other items in the list were standard airline fares. If OneTravel.com is linking to Priceline, do they still have the White Label fares at all? It would seem sort of redundant.

MKE-MR Jan 13, 2004 12:31 pm

I'm 2 for 2 using onetravel.com--they've popped up a few times as a SideStep booking method, and I've started going to them for international searches as a habit. They found me a sweet combination fare US-Germany via LHR which wasn't pricing out on any of the other sites I tried. Even with the paper ticket delivery, they saved me $200.

jmscsc Jan 17, 2004 9:31 am

I used Onetravel for a ticket from JFK - FCO and found them reliable. It was a great fare, on Lufthansa, and I was able to accrue frequent flyer mileage for the flight in my UA account.

richard Jan 17, 2004 9:48 am

One thing that's nice about their international is that you can get quotes from one international spot to another, and the quotes are often exceptionally good.

love_ff Jun 16, 2004 11:33 pm

Stay Away From Onetravel!!!

:confused: I am currently having problem with a reservation that I've made in Feb of 2004 for a summer vacation in July from LAX to LHR. They advertised with a great fare on United so I happily called and made a reservation. They send me something in the mail, using DHL and charged $15 for it!. So , I thought "Great, I am all set!" I just happened to remember that I needed to call United to make a seat reservation. To my dismayed, United told me that my name is in their reservation system but it was cancelled!!! :mad: I immediately called OneTravel toll free number and I was on hold for 1 hour :td: Finally, someone pickup the phone and I explained the situation. They said something like I am OK, shouldn't worry, etc.... I waited for couple of days to called United. Again, they told me that they cancelled my reservation back in Feb due to non-responsive from OneTravel. Armed with this info, called and waited 1 hour again :mad:
Again the agent was giving me the run around like "oh, we didn't charge you since it showed here that this is a pending transaction" I told her that I have the cc statement right in front of me and it said that it was charged on Feb 14. I was pressing her for her super and number but guess what, she hanged up on me. Called again, but could not wait for another hour!! I filed a complaint with the BBB and hopefully something will come out of this. I'll keep you posted but Be Warned!!!
P.S. If someone knows anyone can resolve this, please respond to this post. I just want my ticket!!!

isaveulife Dec 23, 2005 9:57 am

I would use these guys

I just recently came home from a trip that I had booked with Onetravel. I found I had saved about 20% this time on the airfare and about 40% on the hotel. I made my reservations via the internet so I cannot say about wait times. I received an electronic confirmation which took me to another site. I was able to check in early since this was a domestic flight. I didn’t have to go blindly like Priceline this time which I’ve been burned on a couple of times, not wanting to be where they put me. I really like being able to choose my own hotel. I booked 2 days out and the fares weren’t bad either. I would definitely use these guys again.

jpdx Dec 23, 2005 1:28 pm

I've used them a few times, and I've never had any trouble.

bmvaughn Jun 27, 2009 2:18 pm

Any recent experiences? I could save $7 by using OneTravel.com instead of Orbitz and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

obscure2k Jun 27, 2009 3:06 pm

As this thread is about 5 years old and information may be out of date, I am closing it. I suggest that the last poster start a new thread on the Online Travel Booking forum of FT.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator