Community
Wiki Posts
Search

24-hour post offices

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2003, 9:32 am
Original Poster

24-hour post offices

The other day, I mailed something for my wife at the SLC airport post office, which is open 24 hours, seven days a week (including holidays). That got me thinking: what other post offices in large cities are open 24 hours? That could be useful information to know if I am in a city and, late at night, suddenly have a need to get something postmarked with the current day's stamp. I don't see where this information is shown on the USPS website, so if anyone out there knows where such a list is posted, please share. Thanks.

BTW, the SLC airport post office is not actually at the passenger terminals. It is instead located within walking distance, about a quarter-mile south of Terminal One, in with all of the air cargo operations. (There is free parking at the post office for those using it.)
Old Apr 30, 2003, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
LAX Post Office is 24/7 except for Christmas Day. It relocated a bit further from the airport, but it's still very close to LAX. It'd be a bit of a long hike walking though, as closer to a mile away. However, it's right next to Hertz, National, etc, car rentals, so if you didn't have a car you could hop on one of the car rental shuttles & then walk from their facility to it.

My guess is the major metropolitan areas might have a 24/7 at the airport or somewhere in the city.

I know I've used the LAX one plenty of times including the middle of the night.
------------------
Sharon

[This message has been edited by SkiAdcock (edited 04-30-2003).]
Old Apr 30, 2003, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Boston has one in the downtown area, near South Station.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 12:08 pm

The post office at San Francisco Airport is open 24 hours, I believe.

Ed
Old Apr 30, 2003, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Farley Post Office in NYC is always open. It's on 33rd & 8th, across from Penn Station and MSG. The new Penn Station is actually kicking the PO out of most of that building.

d
Old Apr 30, 2003, 1:14 pm

Buffalo airport I think.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 1:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by suranyi:
The post office at San Francisco Airport is open 24 hours, I believe.</font>
Having used it several times right before they closed, the SFO branch is open 6am-midnight.

BTW, if you ever want to know where the closest PO is with the latest pickup, just ask a patent paralegal or secretary...
Old Apr 30, 2003, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Houston (IAH) is open 24 hours. It is not walkable, however. It is located on Lee Road, northeast of the airport, between Will Clayton Parkway and FM 1960 (recently relocated).

We live close to the airport, so I am a frequent visitor when needing to mail things after hours.

The counter staff has a reputation locally for unusually good customer service.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 7:36 pm

The post office on Crown Rd. in ATL is open 24/7.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 8:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Doppy:
The Farley Post Office in NYC is always open. It's on 33rd & 8th, across from Penn Station and MSG. The new Penn Station is actually kicking the PO out of most of that building.
d
</font>
While they're open on sundays for window service/express mail service, I don't believe that regular or priority mail deposited is posmarked until moday.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Office at Tampa airport is open 24/7 including all holidays will accept all items including Express mail not an easy walk from the terminals though.
mike
Old Apr 30, 2003, 10:08 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Lots are open for the self service machines and the rest that doesn't require a person for 24 hours if you need stamps, etc, but you can't get something postmarked at that hour.
Old May 1, 2003, 5:39 am

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
This is from several years ago, but the USPS center at PIT was open 24 hours. You could only do Express Mail there, though.

Also, is the PO across from 30th Street Station in Philly still open 24? That lobby and one window always used to be open all night. Last time I was in there was 12 years ago though.
Old May 1, 2003, 8:34 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
The 24 hour post office at MSP is fairly accessible from the terminal. Go to the Transit Center-- either take the underground tram from the baggage claim terminal area, or exit the C--G skyway, and go down to street level. Once you reach the transit station, walk along the large turn-around area kind of along the roadway exiting the station, then bear right and cut across the parking lot attendant booth area. Run across the roadway of exiting airport traffic (toward the NW Plane painted hangar) and you'll face the back of the post office building. Walk along the side of the building (away from the terminal) to the door. It sounds more dangerous and complicated than it really is.

As far as I know, the MSP post office is open 24/7, INCLUDING Christmas and all holidays.

[This message has been edited by Viajero Joven (edited 05-01-2003).]
Old May 2, 2003, 2:47 am

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
MCO (Orlando, Fla.) is 24/7 but no way you can walk to it from anywhere... gotta drive.

------------------
Wishing, oh wishing, to be Comicwoman, Jr.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.