Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling w/ a Mach3 Razor

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2003, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Traveling w/ a Mach3 Razor

Does anyone have a good idea on how to travel w/ one of these? I have never seen a razor case that a Mach3 can fit in?

I thought it was just me until I found out other doodes had the same problem as well!
Old Apr 1, 2003, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
What if you took it apart?
Old Apr 1, 2003, 3:32 pm

Do you mean the Mach3 disposable, or is there another kind? I just travel with my disposable in the standard holder... what am I missing?

-Zombie-
Old Apr 1, 2003, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Due to the shape of the Mach3 when you take it apart, it still doesn't fit in normal travel "things" for razors.

I have found that if I just travel with it in the case leaving the blades exposed that they get bent and beat up.

Surely, I can't be the only one with this problem!
Old Apr 1, 2003, 5:18 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
I carry the handle in my toiletry bag and then put a blade or two in the plastic holder that the blades actually come in.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 5:26 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eastwest:
I carry the handle in my toiletry bag and then put a blade or two in the plastic holder that the blades actually come in.</font>
My trial and error has come up with this solution, as well.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA1KMM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
I always leave mine at home and travel with a BIC disposable. It takes up a lot less room.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 7:02 pm

The TSA typically makes you put a restrictor plate on the Mach 3. Otherwise it stresses the airframe.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 7:24 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Hey Chex ol buddy....I use the same razor and have a simple solution that has worked flawlessly for me on hundreds of trips. Shake the razor head dry and wrap a tissue around it.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)
Old Apr 1, 2003, 8:03 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eastwest:
I carry the handle in my toiletry bag and then put a blade or two in the plastic holder that the blades actually come in.</font>
I use the Mach 3 too but i have come up with a slight variation of the above. Since one blade usually lasts me about 2 weeks I used a small snip (cutting pliers) to pare the plastic holder so it can hold just one blade, that becomes my "travelling blade holder"
Mike
Old Apr 1, 2003, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I bought a Mach3 recently at Target that included a freebie of a Mach3 closable plastic case with slots to vent dry and underneath it holds 3 additional cartidges. Works well.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 4:06 am

Maybe I was lucky, but my Mach3 came with a single blade sized plastic cover that neatly slots onto the head of the razor when traveling. I bought it at Heathrow Duty Free some years ago and it has served me well.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 7:37 am

Programs: Delta PM, United Premier Executive, AirTran Elite, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold VIP, Her
It's unbelieveable what people will do to save some space. I just throw the handle and the plastic case that holds 4 blades in my toiletry bag. I travel every week and always carry on my luggage. I've never been stopped by a TSA b/c of my razor (once b/c of the shaving cream can though).
Old Apr 2, 2003, 7:43 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, HGVC, AA, UA
Originally posted by eastwest:
I carry the handle in my toiletry bag and then put a blade or two in the plastic holder that the blades actually come in
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by landspeed:
My trial and error has come up with this solution, as well. </font>
Ditto for me. Mikesilv, how do you get 2 weeks out of a blade??? If I push it, I get a week and a half and the top lube strip is like totally gone!

[This message has been edited by Road King (edited 04-02-2003).]
Old Apr 2, 2003, 2:34 pm

Try the Schick XtremeIII, they are similar to the mach3 and are disposable. Each one comes with a secure blade cover that works well for travel.

Jay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.