Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Sign in using an external account

Old Apr 1, 03, 3:23 pm   #1
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Traveling w/ a Mach3 Razor

Does anyone have a good idea on how to travel w/ one of these? I have never seen a razor case that a Mach3 can fit in?

I thought it was just me until I found out other doodes had the same problem as well!
Old Apr 1, 03, 3:25 pm   #2

What if you took it apart?
Old Apr 1, 03, 3:32 pm   #3

Do you mean the Mach3 disposable, or is there another kind? I just travel with my disposable in the standard holder... what am I missing?

-Zombie-
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 03, 4:55 pm   #4
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Due to the shape of the Mach3 when you take it apart, it still doesn't fit in normal travel "things" for razors.

I have found that if I just travel with it in the case leaving the blades exposed that they get bent and beat up.

Surely, I can't be the only one with this problem!
Old Apr 1, 03, 5:18 pm   #5

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
I carry the handle in my toiletry bag and then put a blade or two in the plastic holder that the blades actually come in.
Old Apr 1, 03, 5:26 pm   #6

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eastwest:
I carry the handle in my toiletry bag and then put a blade or two in the plastic holder that the blades actually come in.</font>
My trial and error has come up with this solution, as well.
landspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 03, 6:24 pm   #7

Programs: UA1KMM, Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum
I always leave mine at home and travel with a BIC disposable. It takes up a lot less room.
Hunki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 03, 7:02 pm   #8

Location: Austin. AA Gold; WN A List; Starwood Gold; Marriott Silver; Hyatt Plat
The TSA typically makes you put a restrictor plate on the Mach 3. Otherwise it stresses the airframe.
Old Apr 1, 03, 7:24 pm   #9
Moderator: Hotel Deals, MilesBuzz and Manufactured Spending

Hey Chex ol buddy....I use the same razor and have a simple solution that has worked flawlessly for me on hundreds of trips. Shake the razor head dry and wrap a tissue around it.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)
MileageAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 03, 8:03 pm   #10
Suspended

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eastwest:
I carry the handle in my toiletry bag and then put a blade or two in the plastic holder that the blades actually come in.</font>
I use the Mach 3 too but i have come up with a slight variation of the above. Since one blade usually lasts me about 2 weeks I used a small snip (cutting pliers) to pare the plastic holder so it can hold just one blade, that becomes my "travelling blade holder"
Mike
MIKESILV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 03, 8:38 pm   #11
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I bought a Mach3 recently at Target that included a freebie of a Mach3 closable plastic case with slots to vent dry and underneath it holds 3 additional cartidges. Works well.
PremEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 03, 4:06 am   #12

Maybe I was lucky, but my Mach3 came with a single blade sized plastic cover that neatly slots onto the head of the razor when traveling. I bought it at Heathrow Duty Free some years ago and it has served me well.
B747-437B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 03, 7:37 am   #13

Programs: Delta PM, United Premier Executive, AirTran Elite, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold VIP, Her
It's unbelieveable what people will do to save some space. I just throw the handle and the plastic case that holds 4 blades in my toiletry bag. I travel every week and always carry on my luggage. I've never been stopped by a TSA b/c of my razor (once b/c of the shaving cream can though).
dbk10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 03, 7:43 am   #14

Programs: HHonors Diamond, HGVC, AA, UA
Originally posted by eastwest:
I carry the handle in my toiletry bag and then put a blade or two in the plastic holder that the blades actually come in
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by landspeed:
My trial and error has come up with this solution, as well. </font>
Ditto for me. Mikesilv, how do you get 2 weeks out of a blade??? If I push it, I get a week and a half and the top lube strip is like totally gone!

[This message has been edited by Road King (edited 04-02-2003).]
Road King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 03, 2:34 pm   #15

Try the Schick XtremeIII, they are similar to the mach3 and are disposable. Each one comes with a secure blade cover that works well for travel.

Jay
JayBrian is offline   Reply With Quote