Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What is the Cheapest Way From LAX to Anaheim?

Old Mar 12, 2003, 9:14 am
Original Poster

I'm trying to get to the Anaheim Convention Center and/or the Anaheim Hilton or Anaheim Marriott. Thanks!

-mac

------------------
ˇViaja con Dios!
Old Mar 12, 2003, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G
SuperShuttle runs from LAX to the Anaheim convention center and surrounding hotels for around $20

Car (taxi, towncar, etc) services will be around $100
Old Mar 12, 2003, 11:22 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
The cheapest way is to take the G bus to the Green Line train, the eastbound Green Line train to the last stop (Norwalk), the bus to the Metrolink station, and Metrolink commuter rail to Orange County.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JS:
The cheapest way is to take the G bus to the Green Line train, the eastbound Green Line train to the last stop (Norwalk), the bus to the Metrolink station, and Metrolink commuter rail to Orange County.</font>
Hey, that sounds intriguing. What is the approximate time/cost on that trip. Where does the Metrolink commuter rail stop in Anaheim. Is it near the convention center?

About the SuperShuttle? Does it run early morning (like 4am to catch a 7am flight back out of LAX?). Can I just catch it or do I have to reserve it?

-mac

------------------
ˇViaja con Dios!
Old Mar 12, 2003, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't know if it's the cheapest, but the easiest way is the Official Bus of Disneyland...The Airport Bus. You can't miss 'em. They are decorated with all the Disney characters.

$14 one-way, something like $25 round-trip.

www.airportbus.com

Metrolink...I don't know the price, but it stops at Anaheim Stadium. There may be a bus from there to the Disneyland Convention Center area.

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 03-12-2003).]
Old Mar 12, 2003, 1:02 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Hitchhike.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Usually the organisers of the expo have services organised and it would be wise to contact them.

Take time to visit Disneyland
Old Mar 12, 2003, 5:18 pm
cnk

Book a flight to SNA instead of LAX. Hopefully fare rules are different so you save money, which you can apply to a taxi. Also, pick up a status segment on the way.

I noticed a while back that SNA-LAX-OAK was cheaper than LAX-OAK. Don't know if taht's true for whatever route you're flying on.

cnk
Old Mar 16, 2003, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
[b]Don't know if it's the cheapest, but the easiest way is the Official Bus of Disneyland...The Airport Bus. You can't miss 'em. They are decorated with all the Disney characters.

$14 one-way, something like $25 round-trip.

www.airportbus.com[B]</font>
I was going to suggest this too!

This is the BEST and CHEAPEST way to get to Anaheim from LAX, in fact, it is also the BEST and CHEAPEST way to get to Anaheim from SNA.

You are so lucky your destination is Anaheim from LAX!

I have often wished I lived in Anaheim just so I could take this bus No, really, I know people who get dropped off in Anaheim just to take this bus to LAX because it is so easy, convenient and inexpensive.
Old Mar 16, 2003, 6:27 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
Hitchhike.</font>

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.