What would be the good use of airline/hotel amenity kits?

Subscribe
I have stacked up some airline and hotel amenity kits. I was wondering if anyone can suggest good use of them. If I want to donate, where should I bring them to (if there is demand)?
I always donate mine to homeless shelters.
I give them to a womans shelter.
my bachelor son has a fine collection in his apartment...
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rbernheim:
I give them to a womans shelter.</font>
I've done this too and they really appreciate the help.

------------------
I Love New York -- Viva España
We have a "drop-in" for people with psychiatric disablities. I bring them the kits, and my hotel soaps and shampoos, the individual serving cookies and crackers I pick up on the way, even the little sewing kits. For many, these are the nicest quality toiletries they've had, the items fit in the backpacks and carts, and are much appreciated.

Our homeless shelter is my second choice.

And the first few amenity kits I ever received went to my granddaughter &lt;smile&gt;.

Sylvia
You can cut eye holes out of the blindfold and wear it when you rob a bank
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:
You can cut eye holes out of the blindfold and wear it when you rob a bank</font>
LOL!!!
So that's where Zorro gets his!
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:
You can cut eye holes out of the blindfold and wear it when you rob a bank</font>

I have the worlds largest collection of VS J Eyeshades

I can't actually sleep without eyeshades - even if the room is perfectly dark!

Regards,
Alex
a women's shelter is my first choice. I always include a few rolls of quality toilet paper. Many women arrive there barefoot with nothing in hand but their children. Where I live we have a day shelter. That is my 2nd choice as it has showers, washers and dryers, etc. Toilet paper is needed there also as it is 'issued' sheet by sheet.

However, on the odd chance that I get an unusual or high quality container (rare) I keep the first one I get and donate the contents.

Call around and ask the shelters in your area if they need them, and give them to one that does (believe it or not, some have so many of them they don't need anymore). If there are not any shelters, then call the local United Way and see if they could recommend anybody.

It actually makes me smile and feel good to know that someplace somebody down and out is shampooing with better shampoo at a shelter then I have at home.