Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Sign in using an external account

Old Apr 20, 01, 8:59 pm   #1

Programs: lost 'em all! Scratching my way back to MVP on Alaska
what countries are in IATA-3?

I was doing some shopping for a trip to Hong Kong in may/june and since I've got plenty of free time these days, I thought I'd add an extra city with a free stopover (I've never booked a stopover before!).

I ran accross this in the rules for a $850 H fare SFO-HKG

---
A FREE STOPOVER IS PERMITTED WITHIN IATA-3 AND 2 ADDITIONAL STOPOVERS ARE PERMITTED, AT USD 100.00 EACH PER ADT AND USD 67.00 EACH PER CHD AND USD 10.00 EACH PER INF. APPLIES TO ROUNDTRIP ITINERARIES. *** THE FREE STOPOVER IS PERMITTED ANYWHERE EXCEPT HNL * WILL NOT AUTOPRICE EXCEPT IN AREA 3 ***.
---

I did some searching both on FT and on the web and could not find a listing for what cities/countries are in IATA-3, not even on the iata website!

Does anyone know where I can get such a listing?

Also, is there a limit to the amount of time on a stopover? I was hoping to spend an extra couple weeks in whatever city at which I end up stopping over.
carlhaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 01, 10:18 pm   #2

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
Carl,
I am sorry that I can't help with the IATA-3 thing. I hope someone more knowledgable than me will chime in.

I posted because I wanted to "welcome" you to the wonderful world of stop-overs. They are GREAT as long as you are doing them voluntarily. (Not like the folks on the diverted UA flight today).

I hope you end up somewhere fun with your stopover and get two trips for the price of one.

Best regards,
-levi aka eastwest