Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW-DAL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2001, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

DFW-DAL

Sorry if this has been brought up before- my search was too slow to wait I am looking at a flight connecting in Dallas, though landing in DFW and departing DAL- how far are these apart- and i assume that CO would shuttle me to the next airport? I have only carryons, so i can get out quick but its only like 65 minutes between flights, is this cutting it too close? Thanks
Old Apr 19, 2001, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I live in Dallas and I wouldn't take the risk. DFW is huge and traffic can be very very bad depending on when you are making the transit.

I recommend you find out from CO exactly how your shuttle will work and whether they will wait for you.

Old Apr 19, 2001, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

thanks- actually i got 2 and a half hours now, changed the itenerary- but CO said there is no shuttle- can anyone please tell me how to get there (supershuttle or bus etc.??)and how much perperson. thanks
Old Apr 19, 2001, 9:43 pm
In Memoriam

Dominick,
The two airports are not all that far apart but the problem will be traffic. What time will you be changing planes. You could make it in under 30 minutes easy as long as it's not morning or afternoon rush hours or if there's an accident holding up traffic on either Stemmons Freeway or 183/114. The question I have is why are you making this connection? I guess you have a ticket from CLE or IAH to a DFW flight to either EWR/IAH/CLE. I'm really surprised that it let you ticket that type of connection. As for Continental getting you between airports I'm not sure if they are responsible if that is the way it is ticketed. Now if they rebooked you involuntarily then they would pay for the $35 or so cab fare. But it never hurts to ask or plead for the taxi voucher. There is no schedule shuttle between Love and DFW. I once did get flown into the wrong airport because of a weather reroute and they gave me a voucher without a problem. Of course being elite doesn't hurt. Exactly how did you get this iternary??? Let me know if you have any questions.
Old Apr 19, 2001, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's a link to a new site put up by the DFW airport. Hope it helps.
http://www.dfwairport.com/

Taxis are also available at the airport.
Old Apr 19, 2001, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

i am doing a mileage run- thats why i added dfw in there- on the way there i arrive and depart dfw, but its just on the way back it switches. Its on a sunday (5/6) which should be good and i arrive dfw at 229p and depart dal at 455p. thanks guys!
Old Apr 19, 2001, 10:05 pm
In Memoriam

The things we do for miles. You should be fine with the connection on a Sunday. I checked the supershuttle website and they do serve Love in addition to DFW. The link is at http://www.supershuttle.com/dfw.htm . I am out of town that weekend or I would been able to take you between the two airports. Enjoy your short time here in the Metroplex.
Old Apr 19, 2001, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
I don't live in Dallas, but I made 17 trips and spent over 60 nights in the "Metroplex". Don't do Super Shuttle with time as an issue, take a taxi.
Old Apr 20, 2001, 12:36 am

DFW to DAL is an headache, with traffic you probably will barely make it.
However, enjoy MetroPlex!

------------------
Al
Old Apr 20, 2001, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
Originally posted by TravelManKen:
I don't live in Dallas, but I made 17 trips and spent over 60 nights in the "Metroplex". Don't do Super Shuttle with time as an issue, take a taxi.
I've never been able to make it to any destination from any airport using SuperShuttle in less than an hour. This doesn't include the time it takes to wait in line for the van itself.
Old Apr 20, 2001, 11:13 am

Last time I was in Dallas, I used SuperShuttle's ExecuCar service, which turned out to be about the same cost as a taxi to town. The driver was waiting for my (delayed) flight right by the gate, the car was parked right outside the baggage claim, and it turned out extremely well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.