Wiki Posts
Search

The Unclaimed Baggage Center

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2000, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
The Unclaimed Baggage Center

Can I ask, has anybody been to the UBC in Scottsboro ? Worth a visit? easy to get to ?
Are there bargains to be had ? Thanks.
Old Sep 27, 2000, 4:58 pm
JM

You can visit "virtually" via the following url. I have not been especially impressed with what they have on the net, but news reports (NPR yesterday) say that UBC is worth a visit.

http://www.unclaimedbaggage.com/
Old Sep 27, 2000, 8:10 pm

So, when do we arrange a group visit?
Old Sep 28, 2000, 9:55 am

I'm ashamed to admit that I have been to that place. But I have lots of friends in Alabama, so it wasn't too far out of the way. I'd also like to say that I am not much of a Goodwill-type store (thrift shop) shopper.

That said, I was totally unimpressed with this place. I'm not sure what you're looking for, but too me it seemed like a picked-over garage sale.
Old Sep 28, 2000, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond . www.chicagosemianrs.org
I read a rather lengthy article about UBC and was totally unimpressed. A garage sell is about right.
Old Sep 28, 2000, 8:22 pm

I have been there. I had an afternoon off after a business meeting in Huntsville. The hour ride was enjoyable but the Unclaimed Baggage Center was a real dissapointment. The majority of the merchandise was salvation army quality clothing. The luggage department consisted of six old and wornout 1960s type suitcases. The best department was the area where they sold boxes of hotel soaps and shampoos, we all probably have plenty of them.
If you have nothing to do and are close by it may be worth a stop for its tourist attraction value.

Jay
Old Sep 29, 2000, 3:00 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Let me know if you spot my missing SCUBA gear from 1997!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.