Wiki Posts
Search

Best Airline Club/Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 1999, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Pretty much any first class lounge at HKG is better than anywhere else. They devoted far more space to lounges at HKG than any other airport and the service is the tops.

The Thai 1st class lounge at BKK is pretty nice as well.
Old Dec 2, 1999, 12:14 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
I must agree with both Stimpy and mgm that CX First Class Lounge is about the best there is anywhere in the world.

Though the Silver Kris Lounge in Singapore Changi is undergoing "heavy" renovation with a new look due in a couple of months time!

Old Dec 2, 1999, 1:48 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Any new AC Maple Leaf lounge. The best lounges though are the AC arrivals lounge in YVR and LHR....nothing like them....

Dorian
Old Dec 2, 1999, 8:16 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I've only been to about six different lounges, but TWA's TransWorldOne lounge at JFK was heads and tails above the others (their domestic one there meanwhile is pretty crummy).

It's done in really warm colors and lighting and they have a large spread of food, which is generally very good.
Old Dec 3, 1999, 3:48 pm
Original Member

UA SFO Int'l 1st class lounge has the best food of the lounges that I have been at. But generally speaking, you can't beat any lounges that are in Asia.

[This message has been edited by kyklin (edited 12-03-1999).]
Old Dec 3, 1999, 5:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
KenHamer, I'm looking forward to visiting the YVR Maple Leaf Lounge next summer. I understand RCC members have reciprocal privileges there???
Old Dec 3, 1999, 7:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Apart from lounges in Asia, my favourite would have to be;

the new domestic NZ Koru lounge in WLG
- lots and lots of food all day (hot and cold)
- 18 different types of beer in the fridge (imported and domestic)
- wide selection of NZ wines
- wide selection of premium spirits and cognacs
- everything is free
- no pepsi!
- helpful service
- very clean and quiet
- clean bathrooms and showers
- computer access, phones, desks etc
- lots of room and a great view out of the windows.

Only prob, is that I do not get to WLG all that much.

Hopefully the new lounges in SYD when the new terminals open should be good - had better to be to make up for the trauma of flying through SYD.

Mark
Old Dec 4, 1999, 5:23 pm

The Aer Lingus Lounge at JFK is nicely appointed, and has a nice selection of food, beverages, magazines and newspapers.
Old Dec 5, 1999, 10:10 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic
My favourite has to be the VS Clubhouse at LHR. Hair salon, putting, bars and food, and a conservatory overlooking the flghtpath.
Old Dec 6, 1999, 7:20 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Essexjay: I think ken is talking Candian, not Air Canada (Maple Leaf). In any case, the Air Canada ML lounge is actually a joint ML/RCC with a desk and concierge for both airlines on duty...and it is nice enough, but nowhere near the nicest RCC I've ever seen, in HKG...
Old Dec 6, 1999, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Cdn's YVR domestic lounge is a bit ahead of YYZ's (will it ever get its door?) with more secluded spaces, computer terminals, etc. Both have a good array of private work rooms/ kiosks. But those massage chairs in the corner of YYZ make it a toss-up for me. Granville Island on tap in YVR, Upper Canada on tap in YYZ. Snacks are variable at both, but were better when YYZ was under rennovation. And the bar is free! In Calgary it is AC's that is the best.

AC's YYZ Maple Leaf Lounge is too busy and has trouble keeping it together. YVR is better.

CX's small lounge at YVR is a tiny oasis with dim sum and anything else you could want. BA's Arrival's Lounge in T4 at LHR is a welcome space after an all-night flight with its showers and other amenities. BA's Club/First lounge in YYZ is also a pleasant smaller space, with its private dining room for pre- flight F-class dining a great complement to the inflight "bed" service onboard. QF's Sydney airside lounge was one of the original lounges equipped with showers, though it's always busy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.