Ground Transportation, BWI-Harrisburg?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2001, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE

Anyone know if such a thing exists? Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2001, 6:57 pm

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Well, unless you know someone in Harrisburg, you'd probably be better off with a rental car, because you'll pretty much need it to get around up there. It's about 90 miles from Baltimore to Harrisburg, a few more from BWI since it is south of Baltimore.

Other options include Greyhound, maybe Amtrak to Philly then to Harrisburg (but that won't be that cheap I don't think) and that's about it.

Poking around a bit more, the Greyhound stops once at York, takes a total of about 1 hour 45 minutes, and on my sample dates (Sept 10, Sept 13) appears to cost a mere $28 round-trip. The route is served twice a day by Greyhound Lines and twice by Captiol Trailways of PA. That's gonna be the closest thing to "ground transportation", and you'll still have to get downtown to the bus terminal from BWI, but that should be plenty doable. I don't know exactly how you do it. The light rail goes into town from BWI, looks like maybe you could get off at Univ Center/Baltimore St and walk a few blocks. (Someone please correct me if I have the station or terminal locations wrong.) The light rail fare is $1.35 each way.

Amtrak is out, has really bad connections in Philly, not meant for coming from your direction, and it costs $120 for same test dates.

[This message has been edited by CrazyOne (edited 08-20-2001).]
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:35 pm

BWI - Harrisburg, PA shuttle transportation

Here is a link to quite a reliable guys: http://www.kazakhcrafts.com/bwi-york...sportation.htm
Old Nov 23, 2007, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amtrak via Philly would do it but a rental car would be faster and certainly cheaper.

MisterNice
Old Nov 23, 2007, 1:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Rent a car, if you can. You'll want it in Harrisburg unless you plan to spend your entire trip in your hotel room.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Rent a car, if you can. You'll want it in Harrisburg unless you plan to spend your entire trip in your hotel room.
I would hope that the OP, having posed the question more than 6 years ago, has already found a solution.

Furthermore, I would hope that anyone who arranges a ride from a provider whose website is hosted by "kazakhcrafts.com" thinks very carefully about it in advance. Buyer beware.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 9:55 am

"kazakhcrafts.com" is okay

Kazakhcrafts.com is fine, don't worry about it...the airport transportation page is just temporary connected to this site as the site is highly promoted in Google...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.