Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Compensation for flight delay (EU) : Tips & How to?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Compensation for flight delay (EU) : Tips & How to?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Unhappy Compensation for flight delay (EU) : Tips & How to?

Me and my girlfriend had the worst travel experience of our life during our holiday in Europe.

Our flight was delayed by almost 11 hours (3am instead of 4:20pm), with no communication nor accommodation provided by Blue Panorama Airlines.

We had absolutely no idea when the plane is going to arrive. They changed the time SIX times during the night.

I understand that we are entitled for compensation - there is ton of companies who offer the service for no fee, unless it's a win.

I feel like trying myself will have no success, the company is dodgy as hell so they sure won't just send us 500 EUR.

Or do you think I should try myself first?

Do you know some legit companies providing the service? A lot of the websites seems dodgy as well, and they ask crap load of information so it takes forever.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:10 pm

I was about to post the exact same question. WE flew Air France from SFO to Ljubljana through Paris and were delayed about 7 hours due to 380 not leaving on time. Flight was delayed with about 36 hours warning.

We are 4 passengers and I believe we are entitled to 600 Euros * 4. I have the boarding passes.

Same question as JakubH. Should we try to apply ourselves for compensation? Or use a service like instalocate or goclaiming? goclaiming.com takes 25% commission (!!!!). I can't find anything out about these companies either and agree they seem dodgy.

Any advice appreciated!!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
There is a useful thread in the British Airways Executive Club page which discusses all things about EU delay compensation including the use of agents.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by looper33
I was about to post the exact same question. WE flew Air France from SFO to Ljubljana through Paris and were delayed about 7 hours due to 380 not leaving on time. Flight was delayed with about 36 hours warning.

We are 4 passengers and I believe we are entitled to 600 Euros * 4. I have the boarding passes.

Same question as JakubH. Should we try to apply ourselves for compensation? Or use a service like instalocate or goclaiming? goclaiming.com takes 25% commission (!!!!). I can't find anything out about these companies either and agree they seem dodgy.

Any advice appreciated!!
all these services charge similar rates

ive used some. theyve been successful in some cases. and have not in others.

ive also been successful making the claims myself, but also unsuccessful at times.

so with difficult situations, i think it is practically unrecoverable. which makes no difference whether you do it or someone does it on your behalf (probably with low priority and effort).

the math is just whether the 25% is worth your time and effort. for me in my experience, flight's completed, nothing big's lost, no big hardship... even if i get 75% of entitlement its cherry on top.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VH-RMD
There is a useful thread in the British Airways Executive Club page which discusses all things about EU delay compensation including the use of agents.
Do you have the link?

Thank you
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...61-2004-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.