Wiki Posts
Search

If these are your feet, stop it!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tonykline1947
from my travel portfolio:
Sorry, but I don't see an issue here. Lounges have people who lounge. It's not a dinner table. If the airline doesn't supply true lounge chairs, so be it.
Attached Images  
thebakaronis likes this.
Old May 5, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Bare feet on a plane (or anywhere other than the beach, really) are my biggest pet peeve. Maybe FAs should have a box of disposable socks, like shoe stores do, to hand out to the poor soles who have none. I'd make them bright pink for men and white tube socks with stripes for women - sort of a sock of shame
Old May 5, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Grog
Sorry, but I don't see an issue here. Lounges have people who lounge. It's not a dinner table. If the airline doesn't supply true lounge chairs, so be it.
that's a very pedantic interpretation of the space.

i've seen people do this - with bare feet!!! on a table top that other patrons place their foods and drinks unaware that matter of callous and jam rested there just moments before...
Old May 5, 2017, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by deniah
that's a very pedantic interpretation of the space.

i've seen people do this - with bare feet!!! on a table top that other patrons place their foods and drinks unaware that matter of callous and jam rested there just moments before...
In life, there is always a red line depending on the situation.

Bare feet on any table in public is over the line. But a low cheap table in an airport lounge not used for anything or alternatively used by this man in socks with no one anywhere near him? We don't know the circumstances. Maybe he is stuck in the airport for 2 hours after an intercontinental flight. Who knows. In any case, it's on the acceptable side of my line.

P.S. I always wipe lounge table surfaces, regardless of who or what was sitting at it previously.
Old May 5, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: none
I saw a guy picking his nose on a plane once. Who can I complain to?
Old May 5, 2017, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
I don't really mind if someone puts their covered feet on the bulkhead.

I mind if they put their feet on my armrest. But in their own space, who cares? (Other than the pilot. If they say something, listen.).
This. Who cares? Before anyone asks, no it wouldn't bother me if it was my office or house. I routinely sit with my feet on the wall in my office when I'm thinking.

I don't go barefoot in a plane but that's more about protecting my feet than your eyes. As a Floridian I spend 75% of my life without shoes and even more without socks which I only wear when I must. Sometimes a pair of oxfords is required but usually I can get away with loafers or even better my dress flip-flops. I think if you're worried about toe jam you need to clean and air out your feet more.
thebakaronis likes this.
Old May 5, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Dgosche
This. Who cares? Before anyone asks, no it wouldn't bother me if it was my office or house. I routinely sit with my feet on the wall in my office when I'm thinking.

I don't go barefoot in a plane but that's more about protecting my feet than your eyes. As a Floridian I spend 75% of my life without shoes and even more without socks which I only wear when I must. Sometimes a pair of oxfords is required but usually I can get away with loafers or even better my dress flip-flops. I think if you're worried about toe jam you need to clean and air out your feet more.
1. your office is not a shared space with shared view
2. we're not exposing our toes so our feet hygiene is not an issue
Old May 5, 2017, 9:29 am

Ha... One of my biggest pet peeves. On my last flight a man beside me removed his shoes and socks and kept rubbing and itching his feet on the aisle floor. Disgusting not only for other passengers but also gross for his sake!
Old May 5, 2017, 10:13 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Something else to add to a FlyerTalk Code of Conduct for sure.

Especially the taking socks off bit.
Old May 5, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
I don't have a problem with people's feet, bare or otherwise, on the bulkhead. My armrest is out of their bounds though.
Old May 5, 2017, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by tonykline1947
Sorry....

Would never do it with shoes and actually my ankle was resting on the edge of the seat...

I do find feet on the bulkhead weird and kinda gross and have definitely elbowed people's feet out of the window gaps and the centre armrest in domestic F before.
Old May 5, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Low Roller
Bare feet on a plane (or anywhere other than the beach, really) are my biggest pet peeve. Maybe FAs should have a box of disposable socks, like shoe stores do, to hand out to the poor soles who have none. I'd make them bright pink for men and white tube socks with stripes for women - sort of a sock of shame
I congratulate you on living such a wonderful life that merely seeing other people's bare feet (assuming the sight of your own doesn't bother you) is your biggest complaint. ^

Originally Posted by deniah
If you think a table or other surface in a shared environment such as a lounge is clean enough to eat off of, you'd be in for a shock to learn how dirty they tend to be. I won't go into details, but just consider how many people sick with colds and flus travel through any shared space. Most people sneeze into their hands (likely even you). They then touch all sorts of things with those hands, crawling with cold and flu viruses. That's a lot worse than feet.

Originally Posted by Grog
P.S. I always wipe lounge table surfaces, regardless of who or what was sitting at it previously.
Exactly!

Originally Posted by Dgosche

Exactly!

Originally Posted by drwhite1961
Ha... One of my biggest pet peeves. On my last flight a man beside me removed his shoes and socks and kept rubbing and itching his feet on the aisle floor. Disgusting not only for other passengers but also gross for his sake!
He was rubbing his bare feet on the airplane carpet? Yes, that's disgusting, for the man in question. Those carpets are filthy! But they're his feet, so who cares?
moondog and thebakaronis like this.
Old May 5, 2017, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Allan38103
I saw a guy picking his nose on a plane once. Who can I complain to?
The guy.
Old May 6, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by clobber8
I get the bare feet thing, yuk. I also get the F class feet on the arm rest thing, yuk.

But whats the big deal with putting shoe or sock covered feet on the bulkhead? It's not like you eat off of it.
Going back to the pilot's comment, would you want a visitor to your office to prop his socks-covered feet on your wall?
Old May 6, 2017, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by JackE
Going back to the pilot's comment, would you want a visitor to your office to prop his socks-covered feet on your wall?
While it makes for a cutesy line, the analogy is flawed.

I wouldn't store my belongings in a cabinet in someone's office. I wouldn't ask a receptionist (or a company's safety officer) for a blanket at someone's office. I wouldn't accept someone trying to sell me alcohol, cigarettes, perfume, and earbuds in someone's office.

Football coaches don't tell players "Excuse me, I know you're actively training, but this is my workplace. Would you sweat like that in someone's office? Thanks."

Doctors don't tell female patients "Excuse me, I know you're giving birth right now, but this is my workplace. Would you scream and drip afterbirth like that in someone's office? Thanks."

No, the main cabin on a long-haul flight is not the pilot's "office". Admit it or not, it's more like a bizarrely-catered open-bay hostel.
bethyy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.