Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What's the boldest thing you ate off of a room service cart in the hall?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the boldest thing you ate off of a room service cart in the hall?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
An unpeeled orange, unopened little jars of jam, sealed packages of crackers. Taught my granddaughter the scavenging tricks too.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:55 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by JY1024
<shrug> My philosophy: to each his/her own.

I'm sure I've eating much less hygienic food from the restaurants and streets of certain countries.

(I'll admit to swiping some unopened mini-Tabasco bottles. Always keep some with me for bland airplane food.)
Mini tabasco bottles are great but it never occurred to me to take them from a cart. I feel guilty enough just taking them from the oyster service at the PH Chicago.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Not at a hotel but a pizza place. A bunch of us placed our order but being a festival weekend they were busy and orders took some time. The table next to us finished and left a half of a pizza. We all looked at each other and well appetizers !!! Another group next to us saw us grab the leftovers and laughed - they were thinking the same thing.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Jerry Seinfeld Eats From Abandoned Room Service Trays

We can't call it dumpster diving. Maybe Fairmont Foraging? Sheraton Scavenging? Ramada Recycling?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Not at a hotel but a pizza place. A bunch of us placed our order but being a festival weekend they were busy and orders took some time. The table next to us finished and left a half of a pizza. We all looked at each other and well appetizers !!! Another group next to us saw us grab the leftovers and laughed - they were thinking the same thing.
Then they came back from the restroom and said where's our pizza?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I've taken the little vase of flowers for my room. Food? Never. Gross.

Also taken a plate to use for food in my room, after a thorough wash in my sink.

Last edited by milepig; Feb 23, 2017 at 9:10 am
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Unopened, sealed (plastic anti-temper wrap) Heinz mini ketchup and mustard bottles, and jam jars. Not brave enough to try anything else.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Why would you even think about touching that stuff??
I've never done it either and would never consider it.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
There's a thread on here about a guy who got some free condoms with his ice bucket...

Paging Mr. Vker....
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
I acquired a variety of fruits from an abandoned tray outside another room. Packaged it up in an empty basket in my room and took it to my cousin who had invited me for dinner that night at her place.I thought that was pretty neat. The fruit was all top quality stuff.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by jahason
I acquired a variety of fruits from an abandoned tray outside another room. Packaged it up in an empty basket in my room and took it to my cousin who had invited me for dinner that night at her place.I thought that was pretty neat. The fruit was all top quality stuff.
Did you hate your cousin to give her second hand fruit?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:00 am

I can't say the idea ever crossed my mind. Now that it has, I don't think I'll be acting upon it any time soon.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I have to admit to late night teenage drunken/altered foraging in several Holiday Inns in FL. It was a thing. I am always amazed that they would even rent rooms to 4 16 year old kids. But we did it all the time. The 70's were amazing.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
Originally Posted by edsh
A half finished bottle of Champagne however might be a worthy prize.
Slightly off topic, I realize...A group of friends and I did that at the Moulin Rouge, many years ago (I know, such tourists). After the show, as we were waiting for the place to clear out, we noticed a half-full bottle on the table next to us. We had already finished our bottles, so we grabbed that one and finished it off as well. Then we started looking around and grabbed another...and another... I think the wait staff even brought us one or two toward the end.

Last edited by Scott in LA; Feb 23, 2017 at 11:27 am Reason: not specifically a hotel story
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
A variation on a theme but I wandered into an abandoned conference room in my hotel and helped myself to a few slices of leftover apple strudel. Now that's no different to feasting on leftover food from customer meetings in our office.

And many times I have helped myself to coffee outside hotel conf rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.