Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

The best Priority Pass lounges?

Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years

If you have Priority Pass membership and use it fairly frequently, would you describe which was the best lounge you've experienced in terms of quality of food, ambience and services/amenities offered?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
IMHO as a prior 5 year PP holder, which I dropped when they cancelled United Lounges from their list, I have to say that none of them stand out. They are second tier and provide the basics. Not one of them was memorable for standing out, some were memorable for being dumps.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There are some decent one's in the USA: MSP, ATL (The Club in F), etc.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Well, there are couple which stand out. SIN for example is remarkable in terms of number of lounges and and their above average quality. I would rather for example go to SATS Premier then at KrisFlyer Gold.
sarahluv likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
BA and AF/KLK at IAD are solid though hours are restricted near their respective departures.

SkyTeam at LHR and VX Loft at LAX are probably the two best anywhere.

Air China FCL at PEK isnt bad but certainly not a world class FCL
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I actually quite like the Aspire Lounge in E at ZRH. It's got fresh pastries and a patio with a plane view.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA, UA
PP lounge in CUZ is pretty good. It was not crowded (hardly 2-3 other people), made to order food and coffee served to the able and decent wifi. Only gripe is it's before security. But all said and done, it takes just a few minutes to get to gates anyway.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some of the "best" PP lounges IMO are in places where you otherwise have no hope of a lounge or even a good place to wait for a flight. This summer I discovered a small PP lounge at the domestic Sao Paulo airport which wasn't listed and where I had given up hope of anything but a crowded gatehouse. They were welcoming and offered good coffee and high quality croissants in a quiet and uncrowded room with reasonably comfortable seats and decent wifi, so I was happy. The lavatories in the lounge were fine too.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Some of the "best" PP lounges IMO are in places where you otherwise have no hope of a lounge or even a good place to wait for a flight. This summer I discovered a small PP lounge at the domestic Sao Paulo airport which wasn't listed and where I had given up hope of anything but a crowded gatehouse. They were welcoming and offered good coffee and high quality croissants in a quiet and uncrowded room with reasonably comfortable seats and decent wifi, so I was happy. The lavatories in the lounge were fine too.
Totally agree. The quality of a lounge, in my mind, should be measured relative to the general passenger areas of the airport where it resides. The relatively spartan SkySmile lounge in Rangoon for example, is more of a comfort than the many better-equipped lounges at SIN or HKG.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I forget the lounge at SIN that's open 24 hrs, but that's a solid PP lounge. Got dinner and a good night sleep there. Before the Amex lounge opened at IAH the KLM lounge was solid enough, mainly due to free pour liquor and semi solid food. The No.1 Lounge at LHR is also pretty good.

Most PP lounges are pretty forgettable, but occasionally there is a gem in the rough.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
The Fiji Airways lounge at Nadi is a PP lounge.

This gives you 3 extra things:

1. A/C - the main terminal is not air-conditioned
2. Shower if passing through to NZ or Australia (although not the best shower, at 5am after a 10 hour flight from LAX, anything helps)
3. Somewhere out of the current construction zone

Fiji Airways flights can arrive and depart at annoying times, so having somewhere to sit during these times can be a good thing.

Once the airport construction is done though, the place might be a bit nicer, but they did construction 10 years ago that didn't really help much, so who knows!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:08 am

The Salon Mitad Del Mundo in International departures at UIO Quito
is nice.

The lounge is spacious, the warm foods, deserts, and snacks are
tasty. It has comfortable cushioned seats. Laugh but the whole airport
has hard plastic seating in gate areas. Wifi is good and the call you for your departure.

Only minuses are the chaise lounge sleeping area is noisy and it is expensive compared to Ecuador's average monthly income.

Be aware that the terminals restrict access from Midnight to first flight.
Probably why they have a Layover Stay lounge across from walkway from main terminal building that looks nice from the pictures.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Some of the "best" PP lounges IMO are in places where you otherwise have no hope of a lounge or even a good place to wait for a flight.

Seconding this. Most of the PP lounges I have been in are perfectly adequate, but there have been times when they are lifesaving.

Last year I got stuck at KBP for nearly 8 hours after staying up nearly all night at IST, I just wanted a place to rest away from screaming kids and uncomfortable seats. The PP lounge there had wonderful couches, hot food and good wifi.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:51 pm

PP Lounge at (BALI) Denpasar Airport has pretty good ambiance and great food, it was a good surprise!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by daKav
PP lounge in CUZ is pretty good. It was not crowded (hardly 2-3 other people), made to order food and coffee served to the able and decent wifi. Only gripe is it's before security. But all said and done, it takes just a few minutes to get to gates anyway.
Second that

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.