Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ICTS Stickers on Passport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
I kind of like them to be honest, almost like a badge of honor. I enjoy people seeing those and knowing that I fly international a lot. Chalk it up to as being a kid I never got to leave the state, and now I am jetting off to different countries and I'm proud of it/feel kind of important. Simple human nature I guess.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starwood Platinum
When flying back from Paris last year (CDG-ORD), I did online check in and had no checked bags so went straight to the gate. The person checking passports for the sticker at the gate seemed quite alarmed that I didn't have one, but then proceeded to ask me the standard questions (who packed your bag, has it been in your possession etc etc) and everything was fine. I wouldn't have thought it would be abnormal to not have talked to someone prior to that point, but apparently it was...
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by rin1018
When flying back from Paris last year (CDG-ORD), I did online check in and had no checked bags so went straight to the gate. The person checking passports for the sticker at the gate seemed quite alarmed that I didn't have one, but then proceeded to ask me the standard questions (who packed your bag, has it been in your possession etc etc) and everything was fine. I wouldn't have thought it would be abnormal to not have talked to someone prior to that point, but apparently it was...
This happens to me all the time. Finally I remembered to do it at Frankfurt and asked for document check at the gate. They told me I didn't need it which seemed unlikely. When I went to board they noticed no sticker and booted me out of the line to wait for an agent.

There should be a better system. Perhaps online check in shouldn't be available where document check is required.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, million miler
Just flew JNB-ATL. No sticker, no questioning. I found this odd.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by twebst
I actually had a screener look at my stickers and say, "I see I have talked to you before" .
Wow. I usually peel those stickers off after my flight because I don't like them on my passport.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Just flew BCN to JFK again yesterday. Agent in BCN notified me they had some security questions for me and proceeded to peel off the sticker. I literally chuckled at him, told him I figured this was coming and no worries I wear these like a badge of honor. He just laughed, dated the sticker, and told me to enjoy my flight. He didn't even ask me a single question after all. He must have taken my laughing it off and figured eh what the hell?

So two times ago I got questioned but no sticker, this time I got a sticker but no questions. Joy!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
The questioning seems to have changed recently, my most recent trip was about where I live/work/whether I like the place I live.

ZRH issues "swissport" stickers (not ICTS) if flying UA, most other places seem to be ICTS. Also only on US airlines (of course...).
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by televisor
ZRH issues "swissport" stickers (not ICTS) if flying UA, most other places seem to be ICTS. Also only on US airlines (of course...).
I got a Schiphol sticker flying DL out of AMS last year.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by twebst
I actually had a screener look at my stickers and say, "I see I have talked to you before" .
Yes had that at MAN quite a few times. The back page of my passport is absolutely totally covered in them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.