Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

Were you at an airport during the presidential debate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere

My wife is not a big fan of politics. She was changing planes in Houston last night during the presidential debate, and she said every television in the airport was turned onto it and that it seemed like it was being played through all the speakers (I'm sure that's an exaggeration). She said no one was saying a word. It was quite a different experience, kind of weird. Just curious if all airports were like that.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE Morning Calm, AA Gold
I was in PDX. Don't think I saw a single television my entire time there.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:06 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Moving this over to the USA forum for further discussion. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
Yes lots of laughs whenever Trump spoke at DAL
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Rebelyell
My wife is not a big fan of politics. She was changing planes in Houston last night during the presidential debate, and she said every television in the airport was turned onto it and that it seemed like it was being played through all the speakers (I'm sure that's an exaggeration). She said no one was saying a word. It was quite a different experience, kind of weird. Just curious if all airports were like that.
Those US airports with TVs on in the passenger seating areas by gates usually have one of the 24-hour "news" channels on. CNN on or even Fox News are the two most commonly seen by me at airports, and on that night it was CNN on at the airports from which I had reports of how people were watching it if not via the internet on their own devices.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:38 am

I was in the QF business lounge in Sydney for the 2nd debate. Lots of folks were gathered around the TVs (I think 4). And I roamed between two of the 4 TVs and I was the only US citizen. The Aussies were generally pro-Hillary (although I shared a story with a few of them and they understood my unique viewpoint); but the Kiwis were solidly pro-Trump. From speaking with the two Kiwis, it seemed as if they recognized that the US has an immigration problem and that Trump will fix it. (I have the impression that the Kiwis are working to severely limit new immigrants to NZ.)

And there was a group of folks that were just laughing at us!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
I was in SIN ... it wasn't peculiar in any way. I paid no attention but there were some folks glued to the fortunately very quiet TVs.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I was in the air during the second debate - flight crew gave the whole plane free TV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.