Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indonesian visa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Indonesian visa

Hi.... I havr to travel to indonasia next weak... But my passport expires on february 2017...i have heard that to entwr indonatia i should have aminimum of 6 month validity for my passport.... Is taht true....i am having an indian passport.... Will i be in trouble.... Please rply
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is impossible to answer your question with any certainty because you have not provided sufficient information. You can determine the answer with some certainty by looking up the details in TIMATIC, the database which your air carrier will use to determine whether it will permit you to board your aircraft. A link is at the end of this post.

As a general matter, Indonesia will require that your passport be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of entry, so you will likely not be permitted to board your flight (or if permitted, not permitted to enter Indonesia).

But, check the database with all of your details.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...aspx?i=TIMATIC
Old Oct 1, 2016, 3:06 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, Hameema
I am moving your query to the Asia Forum. Please follow there. (The arrow in your original post in TravelBuzz will redirect you to the Asia Forum).
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:17 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
According to TIMATIC, "Passports and other documents accepted for entry must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the arrival date." So you might not be able to board your inbound flight to Indonesia.

I do have some limited experience with this. I have had a friend visiting manage to enter Indo with less than six months validity on their passport. The operating airline missed it and my friend was clueless. Immigration threatened to deport, but she was permitted to stay after paying a "fine." This was several years ago. I would not recommend this, renew your passport before coming.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 11:18 pm

You need at least 6 months remaining on your passport and two blank pages.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Hameema
Hi.... I havr to travel to indonasia next weak... But my passport expires on february 2017...i have heard that to entwr indonatia i should have aminimum of 6 month validity for my passport.... Is taht true....i am having an indian passport.... Will i be in trouble.... Please rply
Airlines are usually eagle-eyed about these things. If 6 months validity is a condition of entry, then you'll probably not be allowed on the Jakarta-bound flight.

You're going to need a new passport soon, might as well go through the faff now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.