Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Nice beach destinations not difficult to get to?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nice beach destinations not difficult to get to?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by factory81
Fort Lauderdale or South Beach in Miami depending on your crowd. If you are not going in the middle of winter; Charleston, SC looks like a charming place as well, but it gets to the upper 50's in the winter.
This area will depend on the eradication of the mosquitos causing the Zika Virus
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Might also help if the OP defined "easy to get to" from NYC.

I generally *don't* think of Asia as a quick/easy trip from the eastern USA. I do think of Europe as doable, especially out of NYC on a nonstop flight (as in, Barcelona).

But I can see where most people outside the Flyertalk bubble would think "easy" means Caribbean at the outer range, or possibly up to a nonstop transcon.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

some Caribbean can be terrible logistics

OP seemed like (not) places with private islands with plane to resort
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:17 pm

How about Phuket Thailand you could find some good deals to Thailand from JFK yes its a long flight but you can enjoy a nice vacation(:.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:32 pm

mallorca

i would go back to Mallorca one hour across see all kinds of beach rocks and landscape....food is got Spanish....a wonderful place to explore in med sea
Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:18 pm

Language barriers, currency conversion, time zones traveled, connections, and hours spent traveling are all going to be reasons to avoid things like a BCN trip out of JFK. It is cool, don't get me wrong.

But I just know that if you are looking for pure beach destinations from NYC that are easy, close, and eliminate all those little things above - the Atlantic and Gulf Coast are going to be your obvious go to destinations.

Someone mentioned Zika, which is a great point. It actually gives me pause for concern. FT is a little hard to ask advice for (for me sometimes); because the travel habits of people here can make the responses to some questions really out there. And this thread shows it. There are always people who think it is easy to do a trip to a beach in Australia for a short getaway, with a stopover in Singapore just to fly an A380. Meanwhile in a lot of other forums they might get responses like Hilton Head Island, Jekyll island, Charleston, FLL, South Beach.

Originally Posted by pinniped
Might also help if the OP defined "easy to get to" from NYC.

I generally *don't* think of Asia as a quick/easy trip from the eastern USA. I do think of Europe as doable, especially out of NYC on a nonstop flight (as in, Barcelona).

But I can see where most people outside the Flyertalk bubble would think "easy" means Caribbean at the outer range, or possibly up to a nonstop transcon.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 12:25 pm

SE Asia. The cheap hotels will cover the expensive flight.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:58 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by Silent Orange
Right... NYC here.
Originally Posted by Efrem
Sydney. Change once on the U.S. west coast, direct train from SYD airport to Circular Quay, ferry from there to Bondi or whichever other beach suits your fancy. May take a while, but couldn't be easier. Weather-wise, late fall and early spring in the U.S. should be perfect.
no clue why this would be suggested when the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Miami, the Dutch and French and US colonies are zero to one stop single hour distance from NY.

and Exuma is way nicer than any beach in Australia.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:28 am

Tel Aviv, direct flights from New York, solid beaches, fun city, language isn't really an issue. Easy to do a day trip to Jerusalem/Dead Sea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.