Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why I (almost) always check my bag

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by CBear
So what do you wear while your sweaty hiking clothes are getting laundered?
The rest of the clothing that I packed (seeing as I'll only do 1-2 days hiking on a trip, no need to launder the one set of hiking clothing I bring).
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CBear
So what do you wear while your sweaty hiking clothes are getting laundered?
I have no problem washing hiking clothes in hotel sinks/bathtubs (i.e. fast drying), but I still check my bag --even on trips that require minimal luggage-- because, for me, effortlessly walking through airports and boarding at the last minute is well worth the extra 7 minutes that this drill entails.

As I mentioned in the OP, on my frequent routes, delays are a fact of life...to the extent that a 7 minute differential in total travel time is completely meaningless.

Even when I do carry on only, I usually abide by my "last to board" rule because I place a high value on avoiding scrums at the gate, and am rarely forced to gate check (extremely uncommon in Asia).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.